Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Another ICON
13,711 Posts
You may have the only FLRTX, I know mine is a FLTRX, lol. I never did like the OEM shocks, I have the old style JRI, much better.

· Gone But Not Forgotten
2,339 Posts
You may have a stuck valve on one of your shocks. It happened on my 05 RG. Let all the air out of your shocks, and bounce it. If it still doesn't move, this could be your problem.

Of course this could be the excuse you need to throw on a set of Ohlins, or JRIs :D

· Registered
1,758 Posts
Definitely change out your shocks for something better.

I had a pair of Terry Cable shocks(12") which I loved - which are for sale btw.

Currently running the DIY air ride with monroes now and love them also. ???

Good luck.

· Registered
380 Posts
Almost anything is better than the original suspension components. Switch out the OEM rear shocks with Olins, JRI's, Works, Revo A's, or Progressives. You will be happy.:D

-Oh yeah, after you've switch out the shocks, you should upgrade your front end with "Mono tubes", or "Cartridge Emulators" to balance out the whole suspension package. You will love it!

· Registered
492 Posts
Almost anything is better than the original suspension components. Switch out the OEM rear shocks with Olins, JRI's, Revo A's, or Progressives. You will be happy.:D
+1 on this. Stock components definitely leave a lot to be desired. As a matter of fact, my wife hates the suspension so much on our RGU, that SHE is willing to buy upgraded shocks or an air ride system for it.:D

· Registered
2015 RGS
295 Posts
I changed the airs to Progressive 944's on my 13. Not much better than the originals.

Problem is they only have a few inches of travel before they bottom out. But hey it's the price we gotta pay for that cool lower look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.