Road Glide banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe?

When I was a young 7-11 years old I remember needing new shoes and Mom taking me to the store to buy me a new pair. I put them on and ran in front of her back and forth and insisted I was faster! I'd say "Look Mom, See how much faster I am"? She would laugh and agree and I was happy.

Now, I changed my oil yesterday, along with primary, new oil filter, checked my plugs and also the air in my tires, greased the head bearings and gave my bike the going over.

Well, today I took an nice little trip and I swear my bike is faster, handles better and the clutch is buttery smooth!

Can this be? I'm sure I would be impartial but dang, I love maintaining bike and she thanks me by going even faster and is funner!

How do you guys feel? I may be crazy, right?

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,476 Posts
Well the most probable scenario is that your clutch plates were slipping a bit with the old oil and the fresh oil gave them their grip back. That would certainly make it faster. I do know what you mean though. Every time I service my bike it just feels way better. I know it's all mental but it still makes me feel better. ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
These 'ol fat girls like to be stroked. Take care of them and they return the favor.

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
tis true , and another phenomena I have always noticed , is , especially on a long trip , after a couple hours of riding the bike just seems to smooth out and get in a groove , for lack of a better term , seems to run better and ride better , even my EVO's and Shovels did this ..

JtB

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Not faster nor runs any better, you are just feeling good riding it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Never really noticed it with oil changes and such, but with a fresh set of tires, feels like it wants to run the Isle Of Mann TT. Can't get over how planted it feels on new rubber.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just taking the time to detail out the scooter, getting rid of the bugs on the windshield, checking the air in the suspension and tires, splashing on some Harley Gloss and you just know you are going to scoot. I think the most important part is getting all the bugs off. Then you go fast. Something about stream lining.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
While oil changes and waxing on and waxing off will help improve the speed of your beastie, you have forgotten about the phenomenon associated with a beasties colour and speed. General theory says Orange and Black (09 CVO) beasties are the fastest everything else comes second. Its something I read on Google or did I make it up? I can’t remember????:eek: Google it to make sure…:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.