Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a thread I've been following and posting in over the last several days. I don't recall the exact title but it did include the words "our country". Something to the effect People Trying to Change Our Country. This morning when I checked, it was 5 pages long.

A post was made that I was responding to. Before posting, I wanted to preview my entry. When I tried to do that, this is what I saw.

I tried running a search to find the thread but was unable to. This is what I entered into the search engine.

The search returns "No Result Found".

Why would this be? The thread was not closed so that no other entries could be made to it. The entire thread is gone. I'll also note that under my own alerts page, I had quite a few likes to some of the comments I made. My alerts page no longer shows any of that.

Considering the subject matter, the discussion taking place, and ongoing events in the world; could something nefarious be taking place? How long will this particular thread remain viable?

I believe I was making a valid point in my response on the other thread, so I intend to open another. Keep Your Mouth Shut. Watch for it. If it doesn't show up or gets deleted, its entirely possible forces are at work.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack, I appreciate the reply. In my first reply in that thread, I had stated that I didn't think we were supposed to be talking politics on this forum. Earlier than when I first posted, Steady Eddie has posted the comment "close". I suppose he was correct.

I don't know the technical workings of this platform, but if its possible, I'd suggest posting a reason for making an entire thread disappear; rather than have it vanish with no explanation.

I don't want to see what I have said in the other thread I started "disappeared", but it is a continuation of the one that was removed. Instead, maybe you should close that thread before it takes off. I'll guess that if complaints were received on the one that was deleted, more complaints will be received when they read what I've said.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I participated and I agree also.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The emotions on that thread were real and the anger and fear for our survival and future can be understandable. However, better off leaving those topics out of forum threads. I got sucked into that conversation myself and will definitely avoid that again in the future. We all have different opinions and views on things and should respect each other for that. Better to just enjoy the fellowship and enthusiasm for our Road Glides and keep this forum an oasis away from politics and current events

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I also participated but I'm glad it is closed. This forum is such a laid back place with very little bull shit. Once you allow political talk, it won't be like that for long. If you need an example of what it would be like, go to the "other" forum.
I did not participate in that thread for the very reason mentioned here. I come here to relax, read about y'alls mods and trips and look at trip pics, etc.,etc., Enough stress "EVERYWHERE" else. No disrespect intended to OP; I have grave concerns about the future of "our country" The end.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I did not participate in that thread for the very reason mentioned here. I come here to relax, read about y'alls mods and trips and look at trip pics, etc.,etc., Enough stress "EVERYWHERE" else. No disrespect intended to OP; I have grave concerns about the future of "our country" The end.
My favorite threads are actually checking out your local rides through the Indiana rural roads and farmlands and stopping for coffee breaks along the way. That’s what it’s all about man!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts