Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have no interest in a headset for intercom/speech purposes. Nor in expensive audio upgrades. Given that....

IS there some wireless earplug/earbud method which would enable me to hear Spotify via a plugged-in and paired iPhone while riding the bike, and/or the GPS without relying on the stock speakers?

Thanks.

PS: Hypothetical question. Safety first. Not certain I would want to ride with an ear full of tunes, but I am curious to know if this is actually possible.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If I am reading your question correctly, you are wanting to listen to music and gps directions from an I-phone to wireless ear buds.

Assuming you are using GPS functions from the I-phone then the answer is yes. This will have no connectivity with the bikes radio or speakers. Any ear buds that pair with your phone can do that.

With that said, the truly wireless require both ear buds to be charged and their run time may be 4 hours.

Some of the “wireless” with the cable that run from one ear bud to the other have controls that can be more easily accessed will riding (volume control) but still may not be easy with gloves.

If I mis-understood your question, then please clarify.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used the LG before I went with new head unit. Mostly pandora. Battery lasted most all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I have a couple pair of these, they run for a claimed 9 hrs, which I think is pretty close to accurate.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-Hussar-Magicbuds-Wireless/dp/B018XI3ASO/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=MAGICBUDS&qid=1556655807&s=gateway&sr=8-1[/ame]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been using the LG HBS 820's and similar Bluetooth head sets for years with great satisfaction. These are the kind that a band wraps around the back of the neck, and corded earbuds are retractable into the body of the neck band so there are no dangling corded ear buds to get snagged when you're not using it. Its nice to be able to listen to a subtle podcast and understand every word, or hear Stevie Ray Vaughn shred a guitar in complete privacy. and while enjoying my media, I've taken an occasional 70 mph phone call and many never realize i'm in the scooter.
Cheap enough to give a try before a sizable investment is made into a 2 wheel sound system.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts