Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the lower fairing and trying to see if there is a cap or cover to cover the bolt coming up from the bottom.....

Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior Automobile pedal

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Just installed the lower fairing and trying to see if there is a cap or cover to cover the bolt coming up from the bottom.....

View attachment 182402
You could replace it with a chrome (or black) acorn nut. I shot the inside of my lowers with LineX, the stuff they use on pickup truck beds. Looks nice, no boot scuffs, and it deadens sound...

·
Registered
700 Posts
You could use RTV to hold something like these caps designed to protect the threads.

Google bolt thread covers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! Gives me something to look forward too. Can't wait for the roads to really clear up....We're almost there. Another good rain should do it.

Bob

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Ummmmmm ...... turn it over, the way it's supposed to be. Nut goes on the bottom. :D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ummmmmm ...... turn it over, the way it's supposed to be. Nut goes on the bottom. :D

Doh!
Directions? We don't need no stinkin' directions! we're Harley riders and make shit up as we go!

Reactions: kikig2150

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,068 Posts

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
Doh!
Directions? We don't need no stinkin' directions! we're Harley riders and make shit up as we go!
That's what I said 3 years ago prior to pressing in my ABS sensor bearing in the wrong side of the rim. I have a manual now... LoL

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
I am stilling waiting for my lowers to come in, now I know everything I need to install properly. lol

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Doh!

That would be why I included a picture....... it helps prevent others from finding random parts off of your bike along the highway. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts