Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

As I start the bike up, the radio boots up. So far so good. Lets say that I had it last on a radio station. The station will begin playing a song or commercial. I cannot change the station nor the volume. I have to toggle between FM, AM, CD and WB to get it to "see" the hand controls. Is this normal? I let it sit for a few seconds as well - no luck. Do I need to wait a little longer maybe?

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
No that's not normal. I don't have a problem like that. Its fully functional upon turning on

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
Not normal.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I should reframe the wording...
Usually what your on is highlighted? Well, nothing is. I just got home and tried again. Volume moves and I can change what it's on (AM, FM, CD, FW). I can't change radio stations. Hand controls or hitting the buttons. See pic. ImageUploadedByMO Free1398897136.018761.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

DanHappy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine does that too, I have to wait 20-30 seconds before any of the controls work. I thought it was common because it's done it since day one.let me know if you find out its a problem

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Nows your chance to upgrade to an aftermarket head unit with some nice speakers and get rid of the stock POS

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I notice your screen is showing a speaker icon in the lower right corner. Mine doesn't have that icon while playing. Can't find anything in owners manual, but wonder if it is a warning icon or something to do w auto volume control or similar? I'd be tempted to disconnect battery to re-boot and see what happens. Or someone else here may know what it means.

.??????

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Scratch that - icon just means speaker switch is set to full on - CB plays over speakers too. Sounds like back to that Abby Normal thing.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mine is at the dealer right now because the radio wouldn't respond to controls or even the buttons on the unit itself. The radio came on normally, but I couldn't adjust anything. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scratch that - icon just means speaker switch is set to full on - CB plays over speakers too. Sounds like back to that Abby Normal thing.
Speaker switch set to full on? (Dumb question time) What the hell does that mean in english? lolol

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
The speaker switch has three positions (if I'm remembering right). One position is all external speakers off - headsets only, one position music etc external speakers on but CB on headsets only and last position all functions on external speakers. I think that's close to correct.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The speaker switch has three positions (if I'm remembering right). One position is all external speakers off - headsets only, one position music etc external speakers on but CB on headsets only and last position all functions on external speakers. I think that's close to correct.
Hmmm... I don't remember seeing that anywhere in my manual or on the bike. Have to look for that. Interesting.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mine is at the dealer right now because the radio wouldn't respond to controls or even the buttons on the unit itself. The radio came on normally, but I couldn't adjust anything. I'll let you know what they say.
As I expected, they just replaced the head unit under warranty. Unless you can find a loose connection or something simple on yours, this could be the time to upgrade to a new unit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts