Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on my RG for over 10 years and close to 100,000 miles. I love my RG fits me perfect! Well my seat is a little worn and I'm searching for a 06 factory take off it works well for me and the little woman. Why change a good thing when it works! I'm sure there are a few take off's that are just collecting dust and taking up space. If you have one please contact me I'd love to take it off your hands.:nerd:

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
You ever considered having yours reworked instead of buying someone else's also worn out seat ? You can only use a seat off a 97 ,up to 2007 tourer. That means your newest purchase would be 12 yrs used.

BTW, Welcome to the forum .

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have even to the point of adding gel inserts I don't know why cause I'm small in stature. so is my girl. but I live in the middle of no where 100 miles one way just to even find a shop that reworks seats never mind hoping it's a good shop. HD still makes the seat could buy new was just hoping to save a couple bucks. my 1988 softail I still have stock seat I took of first year I owned it and it's like new. yet I've stored it properly

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Yes I have even to the point of adding gel inserts I don't know why cause I'm small in stature. so is my girl. but I live in the middle of no where 100 miles one way just to even find a shop that reworks seats never mind hoping it's a good shop. HD still makes the seat could buy new was just hoping to save a couple bucks. my 1988 softail I still have stock seat I took of first year I owned it and it's like new. yet I've stored it properly
There are a couple places that guys use on here ,were they ship the seat to them . I know what you mean by saying there are good seats out there. My seat on my 05 deluxe is like new. It's a crap shoot though, especially not seeing the seat in person.
Good luck on what ever way you go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts