Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure (well I hope) that it is purely a coincidence. But after getting the 2015 recall done I have had a few issues pop up. First my cruise control will randomly shut off. Or it will not activate at all. I can turn it on, but when I try to set it nothing The light on the gauge stays yellow. Second is my gear indicators are randomly going blank. Both of these issues are intermittent. Like I stopped and shut off the bike. And when I started it back up the gear indicators were back. Cruise would sometimes activate and sometimes not. And the biggest issue is when I stopped one to and shut it off to try to resolve these issues, it would not start. I had to cycle the ignition switch several times to get it to finally start.

Anyone having issues after the recall being done???

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Check that the ball in your sending unit for the neutral indicator is not sticking simple check and removes one possible cause

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,818 Posts
Pull and re-seat all the plugs to your instrument cluster.
Is this a discussion about Road Glides or did I get the Microsoft Forum by mistake? If all else fails, pull the plug and re-boot. :D ;)

Reactions: 168313

·
Registered
250 Posts
Northwoods... WHAT??? This forum is for Road Glides? well then, put the O N/ O F F switch to the O N position and see if that helps. LOL

I was a USMC aircraft electronics technician and always lived by the K I S S method. Keep It Simple. Seems the most logical place and is an easy do it yourself item.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am sure (well I hope) that it is purely a coincidence. But after getting the 2015 recall done I have had a few issues pop up. First my cruise control will randomly shut off. Or it will not activate at all. I can turn it on, but when I try to set it nothing The light on the gauge stays yellow. Second is my gear indicators are randomly going blank. Both of these issues are intermittent. Like I stopped and shut off the bike. And when I started it back up the gear indicators were back. Cruise would sometimes activate and sometimes not. And the biggest issue is when I stopped one to and shut it off to try to resolve these issues, it would not start. I had to cycle the ignition switch several times to get it to finally start.

Anyone having issues after the recall being done???
I’ve had similar issues with my complete infotainment system. But like you said, once you “ boot “ the system, it works fine again.

·
Read Only
2,975 Posts
Northwoods... WHAT??? This forum is for Road Glides? well then, put the O N/ O F F switch to the O N position and see if that helps. LOL

I was a USMC aircraft electronics technician and always lived by the K I S S method. Keep It Simple. Seems the most logical place and is an easy do it yourself item.
You forgot, Keep It Simple Stupid!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.