Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my setup

2013 RG Ultra
Dragos 2 in 1 pipes
Harleys hi-flow air cleaner
Andrews 57H Cams

Setup the cams and got a few base maps from setups and it just bogs out around 2500 a ton of hesitation till about 3200 then it just takes off. Had no issues during the install.

Looking for a good tune for this and any other suggestions.

Tunes I got where from other members of the board and one was someone who that that tune from fuel moto which wasnt for that set of cams but should have been close..

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Once I get a Windows OS for my computer I'll send mine.

During install, did you replace the oil pump seals with new or just reinstall the originals?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same cam 57h and after installing cam took out for a ride and bike ran about the same as your describing, but after a couple power vision auto tune sessions on a map I got emailed from dyno jet for my combination it screams from 2500 to 6000. I still am waiting on my dragula but I purchased the auto tune module for the power vision and plan to use both wide and narrow band sensors (auto tune pro) as frank says thats the way to go.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same cam 57h and after installing cam took out for a ride and bike ran about the same as your describing, but after a couple power vision auto tune sessions on a map I got emailed from dyno jet for my combination it screams from 2500 to 6000. I still am waiting on my dragula but I purchased the auto tune module for the power vision and plan to use both wide and narrow band sensors (auto tune pro) as frank says thats the way to go.
I havent tried the auto tune with the tune I got from dynojet.. What did you do to auto tune it? Just run it a few times then auto tune then run again and auto tune? I have not had any good experience with the auto tune basic on the PV yet

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I havent tried the auto tune with the tune I got from dynojet.. What did you do to auto tune it? Just run it a few times then auto tune then run again and auto tune? I have not had any good experience with the auto tune basic on the PV yet
First, make sure you have all the latest firmware updates on the device. (connect it to your PC with the USB cable, and run the PV Update client)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1fppB5rSYo

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just thinking about it.. How many times does do you need to do the auto tune? How far should you ride when you do it? Thinking I would auto tune and drive to work..

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just auto tuned mine Deadstroke. I just drove like I normally do to allow it to hit the parameters I'm normally at.

I was a little unsure when it prompted me asking to reset fuel changes. It said to only hit yes if you changed Fuel or Air settings. Wasn't sure if it was implying original changes; e.g. when I changed header, slip ons and filter or any recent change. Called Jamie and he said to always hit 'Yes' to allow it to make the change you just auto tuned.

I tuned it once. Bike runs even better. I'm still learning about it myself. I like the fuel mileage check.

·
Registered
24 Posts
my biggest improvement was the first auto tune. I have done it since but nothing noticable. I did get a pinging issue after the ouside temps started to warm up but i went to the quick tune feature and retarted the global timing by 2 degrees and wa la no more knock!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Deadstroke - sounds like when you ran Autotune Basic you did not apply the captured data to a tune. Been there, done that... it's not terribly obvious how to do it.

I found the first AT session to make the biggest difference, the subsequent made fewer changes.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here’s how I did/do mine.

I put my existing tune in slot 1 and empty the rest of them. Run an Auto Tune session and save that to slot 2. Flash the ECU with that tune (Slot 2). Run it again and save it to slot 3. Flash with that tune and call it good for now.

When the temps here get into the 90’s, I’ll probably run a couple more, the same way.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I put my existing tune in slot 1 and empty the rest of them. Run an Auto Tune session and save that to slot 2. Flash the ECU with that tune (Slot 2). Run it again and save it to slot 3. Flash with that tune and call it good for now.

When the temps here get into the 90’s, I’ll probably run a couple more, the same way.
Awesome ill give it a try and let you know..

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Deadstroke - sounds like when you ran Autotune Basic you did not apply the captured data to a tune. Been there, done that... it's not terribly obvious how to do it.

I found the first AT session to make the biggest difference, the subsequent made fewer changes.
Yep thats what I did and I wont embarrass myself on telling you how I did it.. :)

Ok Did it and first time awesome second time didnt ride as much but ill do that another day. Ill make sure i take my Pv with me. No issues anymore thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok spoke too soon.. still having the same issues.. between 2500 and 3200 rpms it boggs down.. I am at a loss to what to do..

Got the tune from 2 ppl here
got a tune from dyno jet
Autotuned it 5 times
manually tuned twice (know that wouldnt help)

At a loss ... any ideas ill take it..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts