Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finishing up wiring my bars internal. I was extremely careful pulling them apart and putting back together. But now my audio + is lowering the volumn and - is rasing the volume. Then the CB control is switched also on the squelch will go down using the + but not go up at all even using the -. Ideas???? I looked over the wires and they appear to match color for color.

Trying to get the bike back up quickly as its bike week in NH.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have several wires in the wrong spot.
Which doesn't make sense to me as I wrote down the color order and they match to the other side of the plug. Could the colors be off from one side to the other on the plugs?
Tried to be super careful doing this too. Any wiring diagrams out there that would help to pin it out right?
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
483 Posts
did you have to extend your wiring and could you have possible gotten the colors switched there if you did, sometimes the colors they use its easy to mistake one for another .

Eagle

·
Registered
316 Posts
Anyone have a wiring diagram?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Do a search on the site - Donk posted a great "how to" for replacing bars. He may have the wiring diagram in there, or if not he's got some pictures that may be helpful. If I was home I'd have the diagram...but I don't carry the service manual with me to work. :)

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Resolved. I had swapped two pins. Couldn't see this as they were right through the back piece but got swapped under the rubber seal. Lesson learned do not wire late at night.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's happened to me before and swore I woild never get near the beer fridge while doing bar wiring especially on Sharks! Holy crap that's a lot O' wires huh. Didn't think they could make that many freeking color codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got done doing the internal wiring and installation of a set of Bagger Nation 10' Mini Apes. I used Donk's step by step post. What a lifesaver!! Thanks Donk!! In fact, I liked it so much, I did it twice! That's right. Had TBW issues.
After all was buttoned up for the second time and all seemed to be working as advertised, I found that the only malfunctioning think on any of the controls is the button switch behind the clutch lever. Now I can't start the bike while in gear with the cluth lever pulled in. It has to be in neutral. This may not be such a bad thing. On some bikes this is considered a safety feature! But being a stickler, I would like the bike to function correctly.
My question is, does anybody know what color the wires in that left side control wire bundle controls that switch?? I don't have a wiring diagram to consult, and I would like to be able to check the continuity of the switch. I also have a couple of ideas as to what the problem may be.
So, before I take the outer fairing off and on for the third time this week. I'd appreciate any help with this.
Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just got done doing the internal wiring and installation of a set of Bagger Nation 10' Mini Apes. I used Donk's step by step post. What a lifesaver!! Thanks Donk!! In fact, I liked it so much, I did it twice! That's right. Had TBW issues.
After all was buttoned up for the second time and all seemed to be working as advertised, I found that the only malfunctioning think on any of the controls is the button switch behind the clutch lever. Now I can't start the bike while in gear with the cluth lever pulled in. It has to be in neutral. This may not be such a bad thing. On some bikes this is considered a safety feature! But being a stickler, I would like the bike to function correctly.
My question is, does anybody know what color the wires in that left side control wire bundle controls that switch?? I don't have a wiring diagram to consult, and I would like to be able to check the continuity of the switch. I also have a couple of ideas as to what the problem may be.
So, before I take the outer fairing off and on for the third time this week. I'd appreciate any help with this.
Thanks
Your best bet is to disassemble the control switch housing, and back probe the wires going to the switch. This is a new problem that I have never heard of before. Maybe just a loose connection, kink, or crappy HD part (which would not shock me)

Hope you get it figured out. Let us know what the outcome is,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts