Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TexasSmoker,
Waving a high-five and Sandy feet from Galveston Texas,
Being a native Texan, born in Wichita Falls, I have lived All Over Texas, as far north as Amarillo, as far south as McAllen, as far west as Midland, and as far east as Galveston. My daughter lives in East Texas, in a town called Silsbee. So I know this Great State of our pretty well......

I am very much curious,on how many Texans, are actually on this forum?
Give me a shout, chunk a duece,
And I will place a pin on the Great State of Texas map.
Lets see how many pins, we can place on the map!!!!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I placed the first black tack on Galveston, I will update the map every 5 tacks.....
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

And you can expand this picture to get a closer look.....

·
Registered
2020 FLTRXS Scorched Orange/Silver Flux
62 Posts
Close but not Texas. Just across the river in Mead Oklahoma. Lived here or close to it for 59 years. Have a friend that works for a Ford dealership in or near Silsbee. Worked in the Denison Post Office for 27 years before retiring in 2018.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Close but not Texas. Just across the river in Mead Oklahoma. Lived here or close to it for 59 years. Have a friend that works for a Ford dealership in or near Silsbee. Worked in the Denison Post Office for 27 years before retiring in 2018.
You are not far from Texas, have been to Lake Texoma a few times. When I was a kid growing up, in my early teens, we were not allowed to cross the Red River into Oklahoma, my dad said the girls are too easy,and will trap you.
Easy you say? Man what a temptation...
Back before cars had 1600hp, spent many Friday night, street racing in Walters.....

·
Registered
901 Posts
Cypress, TX, NW Houston area. Will be in Galveston this w/end for a family get a way at friends beach house at Terramar.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hate to say. But it would be cool to see a map of ALL of us.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I don't have a United States map, just a Texas map, back in the 90s I had a United States map, I used to be into cb radios, my base station keyed up at 1/2 watt and swung to 1800 watts allowing me to shoot skip all over the United States, as far north to Canada and as far south east to Jamica. Every time I talk to somebody in a different location, I would put a pin on the map. To show how far I was shooting skip. As badass as the radio was,it never could get over the Rockies. Bleed over from the radio, was not too bad, I had a very good setup. It was my 1000 watt amp in the truck that had bad bleed over, I was living in Wichita Falls back then, from Wichita Falls the Mount Scott Oklahoma, I could talk to people on top of the mountain from my mobile unit in Wichita Falls. When I moved to Galveston I gave all of my CB equipment to my best friend. Anyway this is how i came up with the pin idea for Texas.....From my old cb days....

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cypress, TX, NW Houston area. Will be in Galveston this w/end for a family get a way at friends beach house at Terramar.
Way to cool!!!!! A and I have a friend who lives in Cypress, weekend before last, my wife and I Road up to meet him, I don't know the actual Highway numbers that we took, last that I remember we took 290 to a Buc-ee's exit, Road All the Way North to Sam Houston National Forest, Road East to Liberty, jumped on 146 and headed back to Galveston, we split our ways when we got the 45, and he went back to Cypress, my wife and I put a little over four hundred miles on the bike that day, but was great riding with her my face your to get sunburned.

I am a carpenter by trade, I have built maybe five or six houses in Terrible Terramar,( it's not terrible we just call it that) I actually live in Sea Isle,( also known as senile) wich is less than a mile where you will be visiting, from where you will be staying, it is like 28 to 30 miles all the way to the East end, where the seawall stops, hit me up, in the message area, would be glad to take a short ride, have a Coke and a smile, or a couple of Mexican beers, your choice? If you do come by and visit you will have to overlook my house, took a hell of a shot, from Nicholas.

Pin added
Thanks

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you have friends that are in Texas,.
Send them this thread, so they can give a shout out, an i will give a big ole "Hee Haw" "Saaaluuute"
Just kiddin.🤣🤣🤣 I will add the pin though..

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pin added
Thanks
Pin added
Thanks
been to Port Neches, we ate at Billy Joe's BBQ......
On side note, I have taken my club car golf cart, which has an 18 inch lift, and a 670 Harbor Freight engine.
we started off in Bolivar, and made it to Sea Rim State Park, before turning around and headed back to Bolivar.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is the golf cart I take everywhere, it's been hunting in South Texas , it's been hunting in East Texas, it's been on the trails in Sam Houston National Forest.
And yes it does have an OHV sticker.
Tire Plant Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 92 Posts