Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Midland here! I think it’s better here now.
You guys out there to get your share of nasty weather....

Pinn added
Thanks

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
If I ever get done with my project in cali and get home we'll have to get together and go for a ride.
That sounds like a bet!!!!!!
And there are plenty of places to ride, no shortages of Highway!!!!!
I am one of those guys that actually lives to ride, all it takes is an excuse, and it doesn't even have to be a very good excuse, and I'm ready to go!!!!
I actually jump on the bike couple of times during the week, put on anywhere between 60 and 100 miles, it's the weekends where I put the mileage on the bike, my wife and I ride no less than 200 and no more than 500 on weekends, so you can tell, I would like that a lot!!!!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Ones I know of that don't get on the forum a lot are @Smarty, @Swomack and @Shrug , y'all post up see if we can fill the map up.....

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ones I know of that don't get on the forum a lot are @Smarty and @Shrug , y'all post up see if we can fill the map up.....
Represent!!!!!
been to jail in Euless,
back in the day, I lived in Keller, and Bedford. I was headed from Bedford to Dallas to go see and ELO concert, when I got pulled over for speeding, impounded the truck and took me to jail, I had the bail money in my pocket and they would not let me use,
I actually had to call somebody to come get me, and I missed the concert. From that day on I no longer called it Euless, I called it useless!!!
that has been since the early 80s, when they called it Mid Cities, again I guess it has gotten too big to call Mid-Cities anymore.
the one thing I did like about 4 enjoy about living in Mid City such as Bedford, 25 minutes to Fort Worth, and a half hour to Dallas, being the young man that I was , there was always a party going on somewhere. I left Bedford for Daytona, I went to Daytona on spring break, went into the local grocery store to buy more beer, and I saw the prettiest woman ever, all she had on was a thong bathing suit, a pair of flip-flops, credit card, and a list, back then they still had pay phones, I went to the nearest one, I called my dad and told him I love you but you can have Texas, I'm staying in Daytona, I'm married the mayor's daughter, and had two sons that were born in Halifax Hospital, I finally divorced you crazy bitch, and move to Jacksonville where I met my present life, in 1995 we decided to move back to Texas, just for the record Galveston has just as many naked girls!!!!!
I've always wondered why some girls seem so prudish, but when they get to the Beach, they wear less clothing than the strippers at the club!!!!
just want to remind you that I love living at the beach!!!!
and we have been known to throw Horseshoes and drink a few beers, Beach life is not for everybody it just works for me LOL

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Metromess check in
Flower Mound
LS
What part of Texas are you in? Inquiring minds want to know?
Trying not to smirk too much.
Cause I know there is a Flower Mound Texas...... (probably the only flower mound in the state of Texas that is not covered with ants) I spent many a weekend at Lake Grapevine......

·
Registered
2019 fltru
896 Posts
i haved worked with a lot of texans over the years-never in texas-everyone was very driven to get back to texas-not having lived there i could never see the attraction.must be the water

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
i haved worked with a lot of texans over the years-never in texas-everyone was very driven to get back to texas-not having lived there i could never see the attraction.must be the water
Texas is very diverse, geologically it has everything that a person could want, you like the Green Forest Texas has it, you like the hot desert Texas has it, you like swamps lakes and rivers, Texas has it. You like the beach Texas has it,g
But the real diversity is in the people who live in Texas, rich or poor, city or country, tornadoes or hurricanes, it is Texans nature, to roll up there sleeves and get things done. Texans also band together as 1, when needed, Texans also believes in the 2nd Amendment, can never have too many guns or too much ammo, my wife didn't say anything, till I bought my 3rd gun safe.......then she said something....
Texans are friendly, (cuz we carry guns) and we'll waive the anybody,

Ok ok......your right.....it must be the water...........

·
Registered
29 Posts
Texas is very diverse, geologically it has everything that a person could want, you like the Green Forest Texas has it, you like the hot desert Texas has it, you like swamps lakes and rivers, Texas has it. You like the beach Texas has it,g
But the real diversity is in the people who live in Texas, rich or poor, city or country, tornadoes or hurricanes, it is Texans nature, to roll up there sleeves and get things done. Texans also band together as 1, when needed, Texans also believes in the 2nd Amendment, can never have too many guns or too much ammo, my wife didn't say anything, till I bought my 3rd gun safe.......then she said something....
Texans are friendly, (cuz we carry guns) and we'll waive the anybody,

Ok ok......your right.....it must be the water...........
Living on canyon lake its definitely the water!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Living on canyon lake its definitely the water!
Absolutely!!!
To be able to jump on the boat and just go fishing, or fishin off the dock, even fishin off the shore,.......but the boat thing....hell yaaaaa,!!! From my house to the boat ramp is less than 2 blocks, and my golf cart can unload, and load my 20' deck boat!!!!
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Gas

A 23 horse V-Twin Vanguard, call the big block come what makes over 40 horsepower......
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

A custom-made rear end, extra-long shocks to handle the weight, of the boat...
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

A custom-made rear end steel plates for reinforcements, keep everything from sagging, and it does have the power to pull whatever I want to pull with oh, it also has a 5000 pound winch on the front, to pull out four-wheelers, side by sides, an my own self when I'm feeling stupid.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
TexasSmoker,
Waving a high-five and Sandy feet from Galveston Texas,
Being a native Texan, born in Wichita Falls, I have lived All Over Texas, as far north as Amarillo, as far south as McAllen, as far west as Midland, and as far east as Galveston. My daughter lives in East Texas, in a town called Silsbee. So I know this Great State of our pretty well......

I am very much curious,on how many Texans, are actually on this forum?
Give me a shout, chunk a duece,
And I will place a pin on the Great State of Texas map.
Lets see how many pins, we can place on the map!!!!
Howdy from Deep South Texas. Brownsville, on the border and by the sea, gateway to old Mexico and winter wonderland of the great southwest. Grew up down here, left for a short while, married, returned. Love riding my 20 RGS as many places as possible.been riding since 1974. Just started riding out of state a couple of years ago. Put on a few miles Over the years.
hope to see some of y’all on the road out of “the Rio Grand Valley”headed north.

Daddyo

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I always love the valley, my family were there from 73 to 76, my dad was the manager of
"edelstein's better furniture", my stepmother was a secretary for
"valley onions"......
Back then Reynosa actually was a safe place to go, we frequently went to a restaurant called tervinos, hell for that matter so was Matamoras it was safe to.
But my family's favorite thing to do was when he got a weekend off, we went to Port Isabel, leave on a Friday come home on a Sunday, Camp right out of the back of the truck, my Dad loved fishing off the Jettie rocks
It's been a couple of years, but the last time I tried to go to Matamoras, they warned me and told me to turn my truck around, that it would be a possibility that I could lose my life and my truck......
Once every summer, me and a few friends ride down to Port Isabel for a weekend, I need to find an excuse to ride down to Brownsville...... I could use a new shirt for Mad Boar.......
If I couldn't live in Galveston, I probably would live in Port Aransas......

Pinn Added
THANKS....

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Yeah, bro , that’s it . Same Flower Mound, north side of the lake 👍

Smirkin......
Wonder how many Flower Mounds there are across the United States🤣🤣
Unlike Johnsonville thats in every damn state.......

Pinn Added
Thanks

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I know we got more Texas members out there, right now we have 14 pins, on the great state of Texas.......
Pass it on.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
I always love the valley, my family were there from 73 to 76, my dad was the manager of
"edelstein's better furniture", my stepmother was a secretary for
"valley onions"......
Back then Reynosa actually was a safe place to go, we frequently went to a restaurant called tervinos, hell for that matter so was Matamoras it was safe to.
But my family's favorite thing to do was when he got a weekend off, we went to Port Isabel, leave on a Friday come home on a Sunday, Camp right out of the back of the truck, my Dad loved fishing off the Jettie rocks
It's been a couple of years, but the last time I tried to go to Matamoras, they warned me and told me to turn my truck around, that it would be a possibility that I could lose my life and my truck......
Once every summer, me and a few friends ride down to Port Isabel for a weekend, I need to find an excuse to ride down to Brownsville...... I could use a new shirt for Mad Boar.......
If I couldn't live in Galveston, I probably would live in Port Aransas......

Pinn Added
THANKS....
Are you kidding? Ruben and Ben's parents were the reason my grandparents moved to Brownsville from Galveston. What a small world, texas. Do you remember Palm Village Shopping Center? That same grandfather built, owned and operated it...He also owned Dorfman's Jewelry in that center on Palm Boulevard. Though I have lots of friends that go "across" regularly, I won't. Let me know when you come down. Cool to meet up.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Are you kidding? Ruben and Ben's parents were the reason my grandparents moved to Brownsville from Galveston. What a small world, texas. Do you remember Palm Village Shopping Center? That same grandfather built, owned and operated it...He also owned Dorfman's Jewelry in that center on Palm Boulevard. Though I have lots of friends that go "across" regularly, I won't. Let me know when you come down. Cool to meet up.
Enlighten me on who Reuben and Ben are? The names do not sound familiar, but it has also been since 76 since I was last lived there......

41 - 60 of 92 Posts