Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Enlighten me on who Reuben and Ben are? The names do not sound familiar, but it has also been since 76 since I was last lived there......
Edelstein’s, would be my parents age. children To the Edelstein that started the furniture business. Their children are my age, Julie Edelstein. 76 my wife and I had just moved back to Brownsville.

·
Registered
4 Posts
TexasSmoker,
Waving a high-five and Sandy feet from Galveston Texas,
Being a native Texan, born in Wichita Falls, I have lived All Over Texas, as far north as Amarillo, as far south as McAllen, as far west as Midland, and as far east as Galveston. My daughter lives in East Texas, in a town called Silsbee. So I know this Great State of our pretty well......

I am very much curious,on how many Texans, are actually on this forum?
Give me a shout, chunk a duece,
And I will place a pin on the Great State of Texas map.
Lets see how many pins, we can place on the map!!!!
TexasSmoker,
Being a native Texan, born in Wichita Falls, I have lived All Over Texas, as far north as Amarillo, as far south as McAllen, as far west as Midland, and as far east as Galveston. My daughter lives in East Texas, in a town called Silsbee. So I know this Great State of our pretty well......

Im in Hitchcock ...not far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
TexasSmoker,

Hello from La Marque, born and raised on the Island BOI.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Algoa Tx western galveston co.
Tire Wheel Daytime Plant Sky
Tire Wheel Daytime Plant Sky

Reactions: FLTRXS20

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Edelstein’s, would be my parents age. children To the Edelstein that started the furniture business. Their children are my age, Julie Edelstein. 76 my wife and I had just moved back to Brownsville.
Back then my dad worked for a company called White's Auto in Houston, one of the Edelsteins approached my father about running 1 of his stores wich located in McAllen. They paid for my father to be able to move to McAllen, helping him find a nice house in McAllen, and gave him a lot more money that he was making with Whites, and I am pretty sure they help my stepmother find the job that she had at Valley onions.
Our family left McAllen in 1977, and moved to Wichita Falls, where my dad became a builder, my father and I were both born in Wichita Falls and grew up there, I hope none of our members were from Wichita Falls, cuz I hated that place and knew at a very early age that I had to leave there and see what was on the other side. I was a rambler at 17..

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Im in Hitchcock ...not far.
We took a ride today through Hitchcock today, we call it the loop. Our Loop is a little bit different than the other loop that people refer to, we like to jump off on 690 from 332, we turn off onto 523 then turn on Hodgkins Mound Road or 227. Crossover 2004 onto 203, too 35 in Alvin

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
We take a road called 2917 back to 2004, once we get to 6 we just simply head too 45 and call it home once we reach Galveston Island.....
Pinn added
THANKS

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Like Mike, Frisco, TX. Been here since '94.
Now that is representing!!!!
Now that
Now that's representing!!!!
No doubt, Galveston County representin, Hitchcock, Lamarque, Algoe.......

Pinn added....
Thanks

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Man there's a rooster in your picture, I kid you not there is one that same size in my neighborhood oh, it even made it through Nicholas, but it's of a rooster he looks like the Kellogg's rooster it has to be at least 10 ft 11 ft tall it's large and he put it right in the corner of his lot facing everybody. did it come from your place cuz it's in Sea Isle
Just a different color, the size is there inquiring minds want to know and Sea Isle???

Pinn added
Thanks

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Snarley 53
Plant Building Sky Window House
Plant Sky Bird Building House

Okay it wasn't ten foot tall, it was eight foot tall......
I saw the rooster in your picture and thought this one was worthy of posting back

·
Registered
866 Posts
Man there's a rooster in your picture, I kid you not there is one that same size in my neighborhood oh, it even made it through Nicholas, but it's of a rooster he looks like the Kellogg's rooster it has to be at least 10 ft 11 ft tall it's large and he put it right in the corner of his lot facing everybody. did it come from your place cuz it's in Sea Isle
Just a different color, the size is there inquiring minds want to know and Sea Isle???

Pinn added
Thanks
It's from my last trip in Sanderson Texas, 32 days 13 state's

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
College Station

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You make the 20th member to post, on this thread, after I put the pin up, I will post a picture of the the map.....
Also if you know of other members in Texas, let them know about this thread!!!!

Pinn added
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
We took a ride today through Hitchcock today, we call it the loop. Our Loop is a little bit different than the other loop that people refer to, we like to jump off on 690 from 332, we turn off onto 523 then turn on Hodgkins Mound Road or 227. Crossover 2004 onto 203, too 35 in Alvin
Yes, I do 2004 to Hoskins Mound to Freeport to Galveston and back to Hitchcock frequently.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts