Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a J&S jack. I put it next to my old Craftsman jack and the lift platform is ony about 2" wider than the Craftsman but the differance in stabllity is amazing. I could make the Craftsman stable with tie downs but I am by nature lazy and will use this jack much more because I don't have to do that. The J&S was easy to put together and seems real easy to use. I also got the t handle and drain pan. Not real sure they were worth the extra cash but what the hell, its only money.

I also considered the Pitbull and it is a real quality unit also. I loved the turntable option but when I really considered how I will use it its not worth the extra money for me. It really came down to price for me. I think the Pitbull is almost $100 more and the shipping was also more. Then add in $175 for the turntable.

I know the title of this will draw interest from the Romper Room crew. Your comments will not offend me. I am hung like a can of tuna and proud of it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
+1 on the J&S. Love mine, very stable. I took a piece of scrap sheet metal and made my own oil trough. works great. took about 15 minutes to make it.
Very stable and great customer service from those guys.
I still have not figured out how to lift my wifes' Sporty though. the pipes hang down below the frame. Only tried once though.
Works great on the RG and RK

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I looked at both too and was going to get the J&S for the same reason. But then I found a pitbul on craigs lists and picked it up for $275. It's the version that you can use an air compressor with but I just us the manual pump.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$275 is a steal for one with air. I wanted the air version but I just could not justify the extra cost. I have looked for several months on ebay and craigslist for a used on of either brand but I didn't have any luck. I got tired of looking and just paid for a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts