Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....it's been awhile since I been on here , too busy enjoying my Slingshot BUT the other day I wanted to do a full service on my 2015 Custom Road Glide and when I went to start it , it decided to show me how jealous it is of my slingshot WTF.......it acted like it wanted to turn over but wouldn't and I keep it on a battery tender 24/7......I ran it about 3 months ago and haven't moved it off my bike table since....so I thought maybe a fuel filter even though I run 93 octane , so I picked one up and today decided to get busy and give it some much needed TLC ........UPON REMOVING my fuel pump from the tank and beginning to remove all the inner wiring and hoses I see that something isn't right and loose also ......come to find out the plastic bracket holding part of the pump is broke and not supporting the inner pump like it's supposed to be, so off I go to the dealer to get a new one.......to be continued......

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.....well of course my local dealership didn't have the part # 62908-08 and glad they didn't , they wanted more than what I got it for online from another Harley Dealer.......To be continued....

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,964 Posts
.....well of course my local dealership ... wanted more than what I got it for online from another Harley Dealer..........
........ and then they wonder why they get called stealerships ?
.... good for you, getting the RG out
...... you gotta give'm a little attention if ya want'm to love ya back

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
........ and then they wonder why they get called stealerships ?
.... good for you, getting the RG out
...... you gotta give'm a little attention if ya want'm to love ya back
Back in my Goldwing days , someone once told me that to own a Harley you have to BABY it or you will have issues...…..Im probably going to let it go in another year or so, Im enjoying my slingshot that much plus my wife is getting used to it also......But while I still have my RG , I want it to Purr like a kitten....

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
..….Still awaiting parts and its killing me because I want to ride out to …… https://delmarvabikeweek.com/
Following the link you provided, the first thing that pops up on the screen is the fact that it's sponsored by Indian. Indian/Polaris/Slinghsot, all the same family right? Take the SS down and have fun.:grin:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hope you back on two wheels soon.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Following the link you provided, the first thing that pops up on the screen is the fact that it's sponsored by Indian. Indian/Polaris/Slinghsot, all the same family right? Take the SS down and have fun.:grin:
But, the Harley dealer sponsors Ocean City Bike Fest that happens at the same time and has the cool concerts. https://ocbikefest.com/ Attendees can attend both and have a good time. I am missing it for the 2nd year in a row and not happy about it.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
There’s a saying: “If you don’t use it,you lose it” lol. Never had to “baby” any of my Harleys. When I was younger,used to ride them like I stole them and never had issues lol.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So new fuel pump arrived and installed , new battery also.....and my baby is still NOT turning over......talk about being PISSED OFF........now since I'm leaving tomorrow I'll be in 3 wheels (my slingshot) going to https://delmarvabikeweek.com/

....Once I return I'll have this Harley to deal with.......started about 3-4 months ago and now it doesn't .....any suggestions.....when I cut the bike on I can hear the fuel pump activating, I also replaced my spark plugs BUT something isn't right and I bet it's something simple or at least I hope...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
So new fuel pump arrived and installed , new battery also.....and my baby is still NOT turning over......talk about being PISSED OFF........now since I'm leaving tomorrow I'll be in 3 wheels (my slingshot) going to https://delmarvabikeweek.com/

....Once I return I'll have this Harley to deal with.......started about 3-4 months ago and now it doesn't .....any suggestions.....when I cut the bike on I can hear the fuel pump activating, I also replaced my spark plugs BUT something isn't right and I bet it's something simple or at least I hope...
Security on the bike? If so, did you pull the maxi fuse before replacing the battery?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Security on the bike? If so, did you pull the maxi fuse before replacing the battery?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

....Well finally had a chance to get back on figuring out whats wrong with my Road glide, My 15 RG doesn't have a Harley alarm, I order this bike without ABS and without their security.....I added my own security from Scorpio alarm and I eliminated that from the issue so I know its not that, HONESTLY I am thinking its my switch packs and since they have the new LIGHTED switch packs out now ill purchase a set and see if its the problem....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
ok so my new Lighted switches have arrived been installed and my 15RG still wont turn over, new battery, new plugs, had to replace the fuel pump because of broken fuel pump bracket....I checked for any loose wiring, grounds & ignition switch but nothing......she will light up and everything seems just fine once turned on , even the sound of the new fuel pump but all its doing is trying to turn over without starting ( if that makes sense)….my Digital gauges are showing me error code P0374 which I also have shown off of my FP3 which is on my bike ( I have disconnected that also thinking it might be the issue ) …...Now the last time the bike was running was about June and its been sitting on my motorcycle table ever since and haven't been moved, so now Im leaning towards the TMAP sensor or the crankshaft position sensor......the ONLY thing I know for sure is im NOT leaning towards the dealership...…….

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Back in my Goldwing days , someone once told me that to own a Harley you have to BABY it or you will have issues...…..
Somebody didn't know what they were talking about. I've never babied mine, I think its just a matter of taking care of them, keeping your fluids changed etc....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I'll be Damn, it was the CKP Sensor, you should have seen my face when it started up , the same smile I had when I bought this bike and drove it home ( like a kid in a candy store ).....BUT me being me wants to know why it went bad and is it something I need to be concerned about, like should I carry a spare one with me ???

Now it's time to clean the dust off of it, shine it up and show it how much I miss riding b4 it gets jealous again...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts