Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay ladies, let's get a thread on this and see what works for everyone - I can do this Sat the 27th - Maybe meet up somewhere at like 10a and take some back roads out there? - I have never been but I am sure between all our GPS Units, we'll find it - My neighbors and I have been talking about going for weeks now

So, from the list I can piece together:

@sh1520
@BH#103
@Ironhorse
@Dirigo74
@jason605

For those curious WTF I am talking about:

https://www.facebook.com/PsychoSilo/

I suggest bringing a Kick Stand Skid Plate as I heard parking out there SUCKS - Thoughts on this debacle in the making?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Great Place!!!!!!!! I'll check my schedule and may meet and greet. Would be coming from the opposite direction.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was actually thinking about driving out there this weekend as well. I live over by sterling/rockfalls and am less than 1.5 hours away. People at work have been telling me I need to go there for the last few years.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In!

Do you have a place to meet-up for the ride down yet?

tom
Not yet homie - Once we see who all is going and where they are coming from (like No need to ride N to meet only to turn around and head S kind of thing) then we can piece it together

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in for this Saturday the 27th.
I usually just take RT6. We could meet in Minnoka or Morris or even Ottowa and pick up RT6 the whole way. Sounds like most people will be coming from the North, this gives you Yankees up there a few options as to where the best spot to meet is. RT6 isn't a bad ride and is in good shape last time I was out that way.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will need to keep an eye on the weather - Was calling for Sunny and 82 and now I see showers in the forecast - I am not a die hard ride in anything kind of guy and HATE wet weather riding

·
Registered
56 Posts
Indeed Bro - I plan on rising early and checking the forecast and making a judgement call then
My rule of thumb is 30% or less and I'll roll, over that and I stay close to home.
On a side note, some friends are doing a run to Poopys on Sunday, could be a second option. I'm really looking to put some miles on the bike this weekend. I'll have my kiddos for the next two weeks, so the bike will sit for a while

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My rule of thumb is 30% or less and I'll roll, over that and I stay close to home.
On a side note, some friends are doing a run to Poopys on Sunday, could be a second option. I'm really looking to put some miles on the bike this weekend. I'll have my kiddos for the next two weeks, so the bike will sit for a while
Our Daughter's B-Day is Sunday.......I might be able to wake here early, do the present thing and then split - We'll see - Still shooting for Saturday though

1 - 20 of 42 Posts