Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions and or advice on where and best product to get.
2010 Fltrx.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,429 Posts
I think I may have to replace my battery early next year also. After a little research, and seeing with my own eyes, I'm going lithium, about half the weight and more power, not cheap but worth the cost in my opinion, just have to shop around for the best prices.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
My question is, why??
Late model HD batteries are well known for their longevity, especially if stored on a Battery Tender, there's no reason you should be having battery troubles already.
The battery in my '01 Ultra Classic, which was built Nov. of 2000, got it's battery changed in the fall of 2010.
I would shoot for minimum of 5 years.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
+++1 on batterymart.com. You will have it within a few days and it's the same manufacturer as your factory one. Is your current battery done already? Do you use a Tender? Just wondering...

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
the battery on my 07 lasted 4 years, and wasn't replaced until after i traded it in. the battery on my 2010, however, did not have that same track record. i had to replace it earlier this summer. went to battery warehouse and bought the yuasa equivalent for $100. lets hope this one lasts longer.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I think HD batteries can be hit or miss.TD there got 9 years out of his 01,my 02 shorted out in 03 while I was riding and left me stranded.That was kind of a problem with several of those.That's where warranty comes in.

Last time I checked,batteries from the dealer had a 30 day warranty,but many aftermarket batteries come with a 2 yr or more.That's enough right there for me to go aftermarket,plus they are usually cheaper.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The oem battery on my 11 RGU crapped out this summer after only 22 months. I will say though that it sat twice while I was in Iraq. Once for 8 months and the second time for 5 months. The second time it was on a battery tender. Anyways I got a Drag Specialty batter from my local Indy shop for $125 and so far it seems to be holding up just fine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Any battery that is less than 4 years old should still be working fine. If not, you sure don't want to replace it with the same darned thing. I am not an HD fanatic but I do expect good life from any new battery and will accept nothing less. If that is as good as it gets, it is time to find a new supplier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2011 RGU battery failed today :eek:(

My 2003 springer battery lasted 7 years. This bike is only 3 years old & failed today. I ordered a Odyssey PC925L for $141.oo shipped. Last week I also replaced the 3 year old westco battery in my 1150GS with a Odyssey PC680. Batteries aren't what they used to be! Odyssey is suppose to be the best from what I have heard on many MC threads. Any opinions guys?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a 2003 and it is on its second battery. BUT I do run a tender on it all the time.

One of these.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Had one last 7 years in a Deuce that wasn't on a tender and was outside under a cover half that time, but this ones already starting to act up. I keep it in the garage on a tender almost all the time. 35k miles on it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts