Road Glide banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting new HU, speakers and amp installed tomorrow. Gonna be running the ken wood Excelon x799. All my music is iTunes and I'm pretty sure throwing my songs on a usb won't work by itself. What do yall do to get your songs to run off a UsB? I'll have Bluetooth, just like the convenience of leaving a usb in the head unit and not dealing with the phone

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I believe you'll need to transfer your iTunes library to windows media then download onto a usb device. I do not believe apple will let you download to anything but one of their devices. Or just sync your phone to your radio and play them via bluetooth and leave your phone in your pocket. I wound up transferring all of my songs to an SD card for my android phone and got rid of all my apple products.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Within ITunes you can convert your tunes to a MP3 format then transfer to a USB.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Does it come with the USB drive? If not, they have the USB drives like this

Usb flash drive Flash memory Electronic device Data storage device Technology

Covert itunes songs to MP3 format. Biuld you a new playlist if you want to make it easier, then convert to mp3 format and transfer to your usb

·
Registered
81 Posts
I plug my phone into the USB connection on the Infotainment stereo system, keeps it charged while i play my tunes and I don't bother hooking in to the bike bluetooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.