Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the MX60 Sony radio last year and used the PAC audio for the handlebar controls. This POS still won't work right. I want to get the Biketronics controller, but I can't find where I can buy just the controller. Can anyone help me out?

What about the Hawg Wired Harley Universal Radio Adapter? Anyone using it having any issues?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If you had enough with the PAC controller stay away from the biketronics crap......... I went through 2 controllers and I called it quits with biketronics. Piece of crap.

HAWG WIRED all the way. It works perfect..... Call Dragos bike works

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you had enough with the PAC controller stay away from the biketronics crap......... I went through 2 controllers and I called it quits with biketronics. Piece of crap.

HAWG WIRED all the way. It works perfect..... Call Dragos bike works
I've had my Biketronics radio install kit for two years with no problems. Works Great!

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Hawgwired here, no problems, as mentioned call Frank for the best price.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
692 Posts
Biketronics since '09 ... Has worked flawlessly. When I bought my '13 RGC the Tech support told me the workaround to be able to use my old module in the new bike. ( instead of selling me a new one )
Call them to ask about buying just the module.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I will give Biketronics a call and see what kind of price they have. I will call Frank on the Hawg wired too. I see that fleabay and amazon have the HW for about $150.

·
Registered
290 Posts
remember tat with the hawg wired it will work with almost any headunit as the biketronics will only work with specified headunit,if your like many others here,myself include youll change out your head unit more then once so buy once,just some added info,good luck on what ever way you go

·
Registered
156 Posts
remember tat with the hawg wired it will work with almost any headunit as the biketronics will only work with specified headunit,if your like many others here,myself include youll change out your head unit more then once so buy once,just some added info,good luck on what ever way you go
Actually the BT-1005 from Biketronics will work with most head units. I've heard good things about the Hawg wired kit as well. Basically just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I chose the Biketronics unit because I wanted the auto volume control. I like not needing to constantly adjust the volume switch due to speed changes.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
67 Posts
If it doesn't work after your new instructions.
Get the HW you can use different radios.
I went through two sets of BT stuff, that was a few years ago but it stung bad
when you are on a trip and have NO tunes.
AVC not needed for me, i play it loud all the time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I gave the PAC Audio another try today. It works fine at low volumes, but when I turn up the volume (above 20?), it won't turn back down. I can turn it down manually, but then I can't turn it up with the button.

Bottom line: everything works except for the volume control.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
839 Posts
So I gave the PAC Audio another try today. It works fine at low volumes, but when I turn up the volume (above 20?), it won't turn back down. I can turn it down manually, but then I can't turn it up with the button.

Bottom line: everything works except for the volume control.

Any suggestions?
Re program it again

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I reprogrammed it 5 or 6 times. Same results each time.

·
Registered
272 Posts
On the Hawg Wired kit I flipped a switch on the control module to Sony and plugged it in! No need to program nuthin'.

You have 3 options (or more) but out of those options has anybody thus far said that they did not like the Hawg Wired kit?

To each their own but I selected the kit with the least issues and most performance as far as I researched.

Good Luck, it will all work out!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
F-it. I just ordered the HW.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts