Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I promised a review after I had ridden some with the J and M hidden antenna. At first, I thought this was going to be a simple mod. Well the fairing turned out to be a nightmare. That is another post. Long post short, I got the J and M unit installed. I remember thinking, "I hope this was worth it." Now I had previously had a bad experience with a J and M handlebar mounted
CB. That thing was absolute junk. I got this hidden antenna as part of a three way trade and it is the radio only model. As it turned out, the previous owner had installed J and M 6.5" speakers as a upgrade. They sound pretty good actually, a un-amped Harley head unit pushing them. So anyway, I get everything together and start riding. Now prior to this the RoadGlide had NO antenna, just a wire running to the back. I got 1 or 2 stations. I live in Glendale Arizona so being close to good strong stations is not a problem. Well now I can get all the stations I need and they sound good. As good as any FM can sound I guess. I get pretty good AM reception too.
Which I guess is a sign of my impending old age. I have found I like to blaze along in the diamond lane rocking out to....Sean Hannity. Who knew?

So J and M makes a good hidden antenna, Good speakers, and CB radios that are so junky they dont even make it as a boat anchor. Well two out of three aint bad.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good to hear thanks for the report. I would like to get rid of the stock antenna myself. Just not sure which brand to go with but this helps
thanks
max

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
without tooting my own horn too hard ,,, the new USA made FLEXPOWER AM/FM/WB in-fairing antenna works as well or better than ANY other in-fairing antenna on the market today ,,,,,, powered or non-powered ,,,

,,, see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=FPA-HCFM-P ,,,,,

when ordering this week, use promo code 312P51199 to receive a 15% discount off an already great price ,,,,,

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Thanks John. I just order mine.
I was thinking about ordering and the 15% put it over the top.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
well I did an order but guess I have to wait for you to advise a shipping cost then we decide if the order is go or no
I had mine shipped Parcel Post and shipping was free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts