Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey JM John, I had a J&M 250 installed some time ago by a local stereo place and connected to the Boom speakers I was running at the time. I just now purchased a new set of JM Rokkers XX 7.5's and installed them.

Was I supposed to do anything like adjustments or tuning?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should be good to go. Specific amps, because pre-set, should be bought for different configurations. Ex: adding lower speakers v adding speakers in bag.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
J&M amps ship tuned for their speakers. Both speakers rate at 2 ohms don't need to.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Thx guys. Well, I bought the Amp from a member on HD forums and like I said, I installed it some time ago when what I had were the Booms so I'm not sure how it was configured to begin with, I suppose I'll have to go back to the shop and have them look at it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If the amp's controls are covered by a tape that says something about voiding the warranty if touched then it is set to work with an HK Head Unit and J&M speakers from J&M. If your amp does not have the tape covering the controls then there is no way to really know since the other guy could have messed around with them. Use the previous link to make adjustments yourself. Their levels are set so if you push the Head Unit all the way to level "10" the sound won't be distorted enough to do damage to the speakers.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If the amp's controls are covered by a tape that says something about voiding the warranty if touched then it is set to work with an HK Head Unit and J&M speakers from J&M. If your amp does not have the tape covering the controls then there is no way to really know since the other guy could have messed around with them. Use the previous link to make adjustments yourself. Their levels are set so if you push the Head Unit all the way to level "10" the sound won't be distorted enough to do damage to the speakers.
That's Right! Just hook up your stuff using best practices, be easy on the volume, and pay attention to sound quality (distortion) as you are increasing the levels...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx all. JM John has also responded on this on a thread on another forum and has been helpful as well. Thx again to all who responded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts