Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, anybody got pics or explain where the wires from the amp go for the rear speakers in the trunk. Everything has gone fairly easy (for somebody who has to look and pics and follow directions because they are stupid/dumb with electrical stuff.) Anyway i don't understand the pics that John sent with the installion info. And there on no videos on the site or youtube for our SHARKS!!!! WTF????
Ayway, can somebody please help or explain how I can hook these things up. Thanks!!! :) Where do the wires go??

And I do have the lowers added as well. Don't know if that makes a difference with the additions crossover wires....

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JAMP-500HR11-ULP

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Hi cruzn,

It's been a couple of years since I did mine, but you'll need to run the wires from the J&M harness through the neck and down the wire tunnel under the tank, then under the seat and up into the TP speaker pods.

Two of the wires (on each side) plug into the wires that came off of your stock speakers. These would be the White & White/Brown wires on the left side and the Green & Green/Brown wires on the right. These become the rear INPUTS to your amp.

The other wires that you ran back there from the J&M harness plug into your new speakers. Brown & White/Brown on the left and Green & Green/Brown on the right. These are the rear OUTPUTS from your amp.

You probably already have this, but here're the install instructions for that setup: http://www.jmcorp.com/pdf/JAMP-500HR11-ULP 5-13.pdf

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions, ask away. I'll try to help if I can.

Cheers. -J

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Oh, and I realize that some of those wire colors that are routed to the back are the same (2 whites, 2 greens, 2 green/brown, etc) so that may seem confusing. They're all spade clips, however, and some are female and some are male. I read somewhere that it's an abomination for a male to plug into a male and such, so you can't go too wrong with getting this all wired up.

Best of luck with your project.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Yeah, that's gonna complicate things. I have a quick detach set up as well, but my wiring in the rear is much simpler since I went with an aftermarket head unit and I removed the passenger controls on the rear speaker pods. So, I just have two wires running to each speaker pod and I put simple two pin plugs on them for when I run without the tour pak.

You could do something similar, but you'd have more (or bigger) connector plugs.

There's actually a post on HDForums where someone did basically what you want to do. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts