Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I received a set of 7.25" J&M speakers from Dr. V-twin. Install was fairly easy as the included instructions were pretty good. I did run into a small problem though, the supplied screws to attach the adapter ring to the faring were too long by about 1/16" inch and had to cut them down to keep them from bottoming out. They also came with 2 acoustic mats that attach to the inside of the outer faring. These speakers are fairly light and IMO don't add any stress to the faring as they seem to be about the same weight as the stockers. The mid range and tweeter speakers in the grill are a really nice addition. The sound quality on these speakers is excellent. There is a lot more bass then the stock speakers with much more clarity in the mids and highs. Please don't think that you are going to get a thumper system out of these speakers but for their size, the bass is very respectable. They are very clear in the vocals as well. They also handle the output of the stock head unit much better. They are much much louder than the stock speakers. IMO if you want a great addition to your bikes audio performance with out adding an amplifier, then these are your best choice. If anyone in the San Diego area wants to hear them just let me know, we'll be able to work something out.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thanks for the review......I also purchased a set of these speakers for myself for Christmas.
It will be April before I can install mine, as I have a 2 ft snow pile against the shed doors, more snow arriving Sun night / Mon morning,
and yesterday was the first day in 2 weeks temps were above freezing.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I replaced my oem speakers with these same J&M 7.25 speakers before Christmas and Yesterday was the first real good day to get out. The review is very appropriate for these speakers. I am also not a speaker expert, but they are way above standard speakers and IMO do not require an AMP.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I bought these for myself for Christmas also. They're sitting in the basement waiting for spring to get here and the snow to melt.

·
77 Posts
Are you using the same speaker setup that is advertised for the batwing? Or is there another number I should be looking at for the RGC?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Different style and different number for the Road Glide speakers John....
Give Shawn at Dr. V Twin a call........he'll set ya up.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I ordered mine Direct from from J&M:

Qty: 1 -- HRGS-7252GTM-B 7.25” Fairing Speaker Upgrade w/Black Grill-Tweeter/Mid 06-10 Harley® RoadGlide
---------------------------

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just found a GREAT DEAL on these speakers!!

Thanks for the reviews and input. I've been looking for a good upgrade and these will do it. Now for the best part for those still looking to upgrade. I just purchased a pair of these from LeatherUo.com for $143.99 shipped!! It's a great deal! They're on sale for $159.99 and if you use the VDAY code at check out you'll get an additional $16.00 off.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
'Have the 7.25 Rokkers in the '09 SERG a lot better than stock~almost make the lame a$$ HK sound good.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on leatherup.com. Would have never thought of looking there for speaker deals. Got mine ordered tonight. This will be the start of my winter projects ...

·
Registered
291 Posts
So here's my question about the 2 different J & M's. The performance ones are cheaper than the rokker. Can I run both without an amp? I'm slowly building the audio up but have to do it piece by piece. I currently have the biketronics sony kit as the start, the speakers will be next followed by a head unit and amp. The site says that the rokkers are great replacement for the stock and sound even better when amped. $134 for the performance is better than the $259 for the Rokkers but I figure I'm going to get an amp eventually it will probably sound better with the Rokkers. This tells me I can run without an amp until i get one, this a good assumption?

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
FTB2SS ,,,,,,

yes sir ,,, the ROKKER XTs will work just fine without an amp, and they will be ready for an amp when you do get one ,,,,

just let us know how we can be of assistance ,,,,

U

·
0 Posts
So Sonar Chris- you had problems with the screws? Had to correct problem on your own before installation? Poor quality control. A SCREW? (LOL) Guess that high tech stuff is finicky! !!

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

U

·
0 Posts
DAMAGE CONTROL!!! LOOK WHO APPEARS ALL OF A SUDDEN SO OFTEN. GOT SPANKED. CHEAP CRAP.

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts