Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the J&M acoustic pads for my 05 rg and I figured they are fairly inexpensive so I initially planned on giving them a try. I have a aquatic AV head unit, kenwood 400w amp, a set of Polk 6.5” speakers in the stock position, and a second set of Polk 6.5 mounted in the inner fairing behind the storage compartments. I get distortion at anything over 1/2 volume and I don’t know enough about it to know if my speakers are underpowered or overpowered (sorry, I went off on a tangent). Anyhow, I read a review about the J&M acoustic padding possibly causing the amp to overheat. It was just the one person and I can’t find anyone else talk about it. Does anyone have any experience with them that they can pass along to me?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Are your gains set properly? If so, how did you set them?

I wouldn't buy those things. I wouldn't use them if they were given to me

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a lower end amp with no adjustment for gains. I’ve messed with the adjustment on the head unit a lot and it is way better than stock, I just feel like it should be better. I’m mostly concerned about amp overheating than anything when it comes to this stuff. I was hoping someone could confirm or deny that aspect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there I have all the J&M Rokker stuff in my 08 , I initially did the amp and speakers then when I put daymakers In I added the acoustic padding , made a difference for me as it keeps the sounds from projecting forward and bringing them more back toward the rider. That’s my opinion on them and as far as overheating goes,the sound damping pad does not cover any area where air would come inside the fairing anyways.The 40 bucks spent made my sound better in my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts