Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a J&M 250W amp on my 13 RGC. Instructions say to ground the amp with the negative ground from the battery on the frame. Can't figure out how to do that without removing the starter. Any other locations that the ground can be run on the frame? Or is there an easier way to get to the negative ground on the bike? All help is greatly appreciated.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
After first disconnecting the negative battery cable from
the battery, connect the positive (red) lead from the amplifier
power harness directly to the positive post of the battery. Then
connect the negative (black) lead from the power harness to
the same bolt/stud on the frame that the negative battery cable
is connected to
. Then reconnect the negative battery cable to
the battery. (Figure A) Do not connect the negative (black) lead
from the amplifer to the negative post of the battery.

So in short.... follow the cable from the battery ground to where it bolts to the frame and attach the wire there.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PGR, I have the instructions. Problem is trying to get to the other end of the ground wire. It is on the bottom of the frame / top of tranny under the starter on my 13 RGC. Would love to attach it there but don't want to remove the starter to wire an amp. Any alternate location suggestions?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
PGR, I have the instructions. Problem is trying to get to the other end of the ground wire. It is on the bottom of the frame / top of tranny under the starter on my 13 RGC. Would love to attach it there but don't want to remove the starter to wire an amp. Any alternate location suggestions?

I would think that any frame bolt that's not structural would work. Give J&M a call. They have always been helpful when I have called.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved. Took battery out and found ground at frame from negative terminal. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still waiting on a call back from J&M. That is why I posted. Trying to get this thing buttoned up today! Love the forum and all the help and support.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Problem solved. Took battery out and found ground at frame from negative terminal. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still waiting on a call back from J&M. That is why I posted. Trying to get this thing buttoned up today! Love the forum and all the help and support.
Awesome. Get that thing cranked up to 11!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts