Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent J&M an email about a week ago asking about one of their AMPs. In less than an hour I received an email response from John answering my questions. That lead to more questions and I always got a response back in a short time. Today, New Years Day, I had(hopefully) one last question on the AMP. I sent an email thinking I would get a response tomorrow or Monday, which would have been fine. In less than an hour John responded to my question.

Customer Service does not get any better than that

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
tsmart,,,,,

I am very sorry for the hassles that you are having with the amplifier ,,,, along with the confusion on trying to explain the issue by email ,,,,,

as per my email to you this morning, please return the amp right away to my attention at: J&M Corporation, 1415 S. Cherry Ave., Tucson AZ 85713,,,,

I know that you indicated that there was some type of intermittent wire or plug issue on the side of your amp, & we will get to the bottom of what is wrong and get it back to you right away ,,,,

·
Registered
400 Posts
I also emailed him with questions and got a response within a few hours! Can't complain about that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Email did not work well for troubleshooting my problem with the questions and delayed responses with additional questions. When I called and asked for a return authorization, I was told I had to get it from John via email. That took another day. I got the return authorization after posting on here.

I think J&M has the best audio equipment for our bikes. That is why I bought their product. This situation just took too long to resolve over email. I know they stand behind their products and will take cars of this issue. In the future, call them with problems if you want a faster resolution.

I look forward to getting the amp repaired or replaced so I can get back to gliding!

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Email did not work well for troubleshooting my problem with the questions and delayed responses with additional questions. When I called and asked for a return authorization, I was told I had to get it from John via email. That took another day. I got the return authorization after posting on here.

I think J&M has the best audio equipment for our bikes. That is why I bought their product. This situation just took too long to resolve over email. I know they stand behind their products and will take cars of this issue. In the future, call them with problems if you want a faster resolution.

I look forward to getting the amp repaired or replaced so I can get back to gliding!
Sounds like it is on track now. If you do not mind, could you post how it turns out. I just installed two J&M speakers and was looking at possible adding one of their AMPs. It would be good info to have while deciding.

Thanks

·
Registered
950 Posts
I put a J&M ROKKER series 4 speaker system with the 500W amp in my RGU almost 3 years ago. I had a bit of trouble with the amp right after installation. John was extremely helpful and the issue was resolved right away with a new amp. Last summer, I had an issue with one of the fairing speakers. John was again very responsive and replaced the speaker right away. (It had a lifetime warranty, something I had forgotten about.)

I could not ask for better customer service!

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I put a J&M ROKKER series 4 speaker system with the 500W amp in my RGU almost 3 years ago. I had a bit of trouble with the amp right after installation. John was extremely helpful and the issue was resolved right away with a new amp. Last summer, I had an issue with one of the fairing speakers. John was again very responsive and replaced the speaker right away. (It had a lifetime warranty, something I had forgotten about.)

I could not ask for better customer service!
I believe J&M has very good customer service and would like to be able to put a 500W amp in my bike. With the new Road Glide there is not much room under the fairing to work with.

It is good to know from the start to the end how things turn out.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
5,377 Posts

Had the same problem trying to troubleshoot via e-mail but when I gave john my number he refused to call me and that is unacceptable to me!! I called and spoke with Howard and he was a great help. My amp is on the way back to me sounded like its a replacement unit will see when it gets here. Just not impressed with how john handled my situation!! If its replaced and works I have Howard to thank. When the warranty is over somebody else will get my business I wont put another doller in Johns pocket.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Had the same problem trying to troubleshoot via e-mail but when I gave john my number he refused to call me and that is unacceptable to me!! I called and spoke with Howard and he was a great help. My amp is on the way back to me sounded like its a replacement unit will see when it gets here. Just not impressed with how john handled my situation!! If its replaced and works I have Howard to thank. When the warranty is over somebody else will get my business I wont put another doller in Johns pocket.
My amp is on its way back. Not sure if it was repaired or replaced. Will know next week when it arrives and I install it.

For future issues, I will call tech support. I also worked with Howard and he was very helpful. Time will tell if I continue to use J&M products.

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
you can also send email anytime direct to [email protected] for prompt technical assistance and troubleshooting advice ,,,,,

if the situation cannot be resolved via email, you can contact our technical department by phone, Monday thru Friday at 1-800-358-0881 ,,,,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts