Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And kudos to Direct Cycle Parts for getting me the kit just in time for a 3000 km road trip.
Kudos to John and the crew for putting together a fantastic package that even an idiot can install. Instructions are clear, harnesses fit perfectly (once you realize you need to mount the amp " upside down" in the fairing for the left speaker harness to reach.)
Install took me 3 hours and another two to triple check, zap, and solder/ tape connections on the button up.
The results are great...clear sound on mp3 iPod recordings at 75mph. I will be sending my deck to Iron Cross this winter for pre amp though, as the stock deck does get very distorted at higher volumes.
For $599 shipped from Direct, I have zero complaints.
We rocked the whole way down the coast to Cali and back.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What all did they supply? Was it one part # gets this stuff or was it a custom grouping? Was thinking of doing something like this this winter and don't want to go nuts. I do tat allot and don't want to on the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

DanHappy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What all did they supply? Was it one part # gets this stuff or was it a custom grouping? Was thinking of doing something like this this winter and don't want to go nuts. I do tat allot and don't want to on the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

DanHappy
JHAK-HRU11-3604SP is J&M's part number for the 4 speaker RGU kit. It includes everything including zaps to tie the cables.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Good deal - notice J&M has them on their site for $899!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Performance was by far the cheapest that I found, offered free shipping to my PO Box in Wa, and had it to me in under a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts