Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed this on the Roadie yesterday and took it for ride today and I have to say that I was disappointed in the performance. For $600, I expected this thing to work like a charm and while it does what it says it will do, it does not work continually. Pros - great audio, loud enough while cruising at hiway speeds, can listen to CD, Radio, MP3 player and get voice commands from a bluetooth GPS.
Cons: had to restart the GPS 3 times as it would lose bluetooth connection. When stopping for lunch, it would take as long as 15 minutes to start giving voice commands. Could not listen to GPS through aux input (hardwired as a backup). Wife said voice was very distorted when making a test phone call.

I will speak to John on Monday to see if this is normal but if I take this unit off, it will be for a refund, not a replacement. Snaking wires through the Roadie fairing was a very tight squeeze and install took longer than expected. Hopefully I did something wrong but I am used to pairing devices via bluetooth. I would not recommend this product with a $600 price tag.

·
JMJOHN
1,003 Posts
dnschmpn ,,,,,,

sometimes the Bluetooth links thru a Zumo can be a little squirrely ,,,,,

try linking your cell phone direct to the J&M CFBR-HRUC and tell me how it works that way ,,,,

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did as JM John suggested and the phone reception was much better BUT when doing this, I could not hear the GPS Commands when listening to the CD or radio. I could only hear the voice commands through the hardwired aux port which is the same set up as the the CFBR ZM550. This unit only cost $229 NOT $599.

I will be calling J&M to see what we can work out as this unit is definitely not worth $599. I have several other J&M products and have been very pleased with all of them but the CFBR-HRUC is a dud. Wait until they have something that works as advertised or until the price on this unit is comparable with the CFBR ZMO550.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts