Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone played around with this J&M Bluetooth controller ? Its got me interested but it doesn't show what exactly it is or size or any pics of what and how it connects to the H&K head unit. Unfortunately the YouTube video doesn't exactly show very much other than handlebar control and the idiots at the Americade bike rally had "0" info on the unit and wouldn't pull it out of the box to show it. It was bad enough they discount nothing at the show but the lack of info is even worst.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Been looking at these myself. was using a simple Bluetooth but hate all the wires using cigarette lighter. I know there is mod that can be done to ad a aux port on the backside of the radio. Then hot wire it on the inside of the fairing for a nice clean look. Subscribing to find out myself if you find out more. My cheap Bluetooth died after 2 years.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm sure JMJohn will answer this, but from what I read on their site, It's just a box that that fits in your inner fairing and then plugs into the back of your stereo.

you cant control anything but the volume through the stereo. you still have to use the player to change songs etc. it doesn't show the song name on the stereo.

It's pretty much like using the aux port with out the wires.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with what your saying, just would Luke to see how it hooks up maybe it can be useful to use maybe my android instead. Just the lack of info period bothers me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just added this to my 13 RG...Dont have pics of the install, but it is so flippin easy you would be amazed. The worst part is takin off the clam shell. Works just like advertised. I have the iPod hooked up (to the connector) then if I use my phone to listen to Pandora or Slacker the Bluetooth take priority....overall an awesome set up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm sure JMJohn will answer this, but from what I read on their site, It's just a box that that fits in your inner fairing and then plugs into the back of your stereo.

you cant control anything but the volume through the stereo. you still have to use the player to change songs etc. it doesn't show the song name on the stereo.

It's pretty much like using the aux port with out the wires.
You are correct about all that. The big difference is that it charges the iPod and gives you Bluetooth capability. Also, you can plug in a GPS and the commands will override the music as you are riding along.
I do with you could control more from the bars tho!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you post pics if and when you take off the nose ? Maybe even post the instructions on how it installs ?
I will not ( I hope) be removing the nose soon buuuut.....the unit plugs into the aux in on the front of the radio. It gets power from the orange wire the headlights plug into. The unit velcros to the inside of the fairing. I ran the other two wires into the left fairing glove box (drilled a hole). One wire is for the iPod, one is for anything you want linked in like a GPS (Zumo 550 for me). I would imagine that if you wanted, you could hook up the whole thing somewhere else ( not take the nose off)....just find a hot wire and run the input to the aux port in front.

There ya go...hope it helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You are quite welcome Easy....good luck! And by the way, I've been riding around with mine for a few days now and it does work really well. In my humble opinion, I think J&M made a good one here. Guess it just depends on if you use your phone and/or iPod a lot...I love my music!

·
Registered
11 Posts
A little late to the party on this one but as far as handle bar controls can you skip, change playlist etc?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts