Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on another thread that J&M makes a kit (amp/speakers) for the Road Glide Ultra. Does anyone have this on their scoot or have a good link to it? I've scowered their site but can't find it anywhere!

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir, that's not it. The one I had in mind was made for the '13 style RGU, and was half that price! lol Should be pretty impressive for your scoot though!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Looks like this page has the specific kits for the 2013 and prior Road Glides.

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=44

John was very helpful in getting my system ordered and they offer a nice discount for RG.org members.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the 4 speaker kit on my '13 RGU. It is a huge upgrade from stock. Installation was a breeze.
The only issues I have are the lack of bass and the breakdown of clear signal from the head unit outputs. I will be sending my deck to Iron Cross for pre amp out this off-season.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I saw on another thread that J&M makes a kit (amp/speakers) for the Road Glide Ultra. Does anyone have this on their scoot or have a good link to it? I've scowered their site but can't find it anywhere!
From this page: http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=50

I just installed the 1800HR15 180W Amp and a set of the HRRK-6652TW-RXX speakers. The sound is fantastic!!!

And I'm coming off of a Fosgate 300W amp and Rokker speakers.

The installation of the amp is the easiest you can imagine. Not a wire to clip or splice. The connectors to and from the amp are the same connectors as what HD uses, so it's truly plug and play

I've worked with John on my 2012 Ultra and am a fan of the J&M product.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have a simple question and I am not trying to be a smartass..why is J&M products hardly never recommended on this forum. I see all these brands mentioned and yet none of them are made for motorcycle riding environment. J&M and Hawgwired are the only quality amps and speakers I know of made just for motorcycle riding environment , yet everyone talks up all these other brands. I have a set of Rokkers in my front fairing and a PBR amp and I have pretty decent stereo. I wish i could afford a J&M amp but it's not in the budget right now.I wish i had more bass but so be it for now. Every time there is a J&M question on this forum I see John on here either offering a fix or a solution and even suggest you calling him if you have a problem . Oh well just my .02 worth

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm a DJ and working with John to upgrade my system at Laconia Bike week.

DJ Terry Moran

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a simple question and I am not trying to be a smartass..why is J&M products hardly never recommended on this forum. I see all these brands mentioned and yet none of them are made for motorcycle riding environment. J&M and Hawgwired are the only quality amps and speakers I know of made just for motorcycle riding environment , yet everyone talks up all these other brands. I have a set of Rokkers in my front fairing and a PBR amp and I have pretty decent stereo. I wish i could afford a J&M amp but it's not in the budget right now.I wish i had more bass but so be it for now. Every time there is a J&M question on this forum I see John on here either offering a fix or a solution and even suggest you calling him if you have a problem . Oh well just my .02 worth
The J&M system as well ast the Hawgwired systems are not "bad" systems but there are many more brands out there that have better sound as well as power. Kenwood as well and Rockford Fosgate make dedicated motorcycle systems with amps and speakers some of which are plug and play. I for one have had the Fosgate system and the J&M as well as currently having a focal system with Fosgate amp. The J&M is a step up from the harley stock and Boom speakers but they cannot compete with the Focal and Fosgate systems. There are also marine speakers made by different manufacturers such as Alpine That make great choices for motorcycle applications. Dont take me wrong, I'm not knocking J&M, like I said, it's a great starter system but most people are not happy with the sound once they listen to a J&M compared to a focal or premium sound system close to their bikes...Mine for one will drown out a J&M and it is WAY clearer and better sound. I only have 2 faring speakers with the tweeters in my gauge slots, and i can hear it louder and clearer than a 4 speaker J&M system...Never had a Hawgwired to compare but friends of mine have had one and they say mine is one of the clearest and loudest setups for a non-custom system they have ever heard...

·
JMJOHN
998 Posts
lvyper876 ,,,,,,,

please take no offense but the J&M ROKKER XX/XTP/XXR systems for 1998-2015 Harley systems will absolutely SMOKE the R/F, Focal and HawgWired systems ,,,,,

I have tested too many of these at the Baggest Bagger audio shootouts ,,,, and I am sorry, but they just do NOT measure up, watt for watt ,,,, speaker for speaker on the highway OR sitting still ,,,,,,,

pleas come by the big J&M audio trailer at Laconia, or Sturgis and compare ,, so that you know I am not just speaking out of turn ,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
J&M Kit

I'll tell you that my j&m 500 watt 4 speaker system has not lost to a system yet. Bring it on boys 😜😜😜😜

And it's water proof ! How many of these high end systems are water proof. Non- that I know of.

But I ride in the rain a lot. So if you get another system, make sure the speakers are water proof. If they aren't you'll be buying another set of speakers within the year. 😭😭😭😭

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'll tell you that my j&m 500 watt 4 speaker system has not lost to a system yet. Bring it on boys 😜😜😜😜
What type of head unit do you have, and does it make a difference . Once, many ,many, years ago when I wanted to add an amp to my truck stereo and some Kicker speakers, the guy at the audio store asked me why would I want to amp a bad signal referring to the factory stock radio. Would that be true as well for the stock HK head unit.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
I'm using the standard HD head unit. Again I've thought about switching it out, but water proofing is an issue for me. I would have to get a marine unit of some type, not sure that the marine head units are all that good 😳😳😳

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

And it's water proof ! How many of these high end systems are water proof. Non- that I know of.

But I ride in the rain a lot. So if you get another system, make sure the speakers are water proof. If they aren't you'll be buying another set of speakers within the year. 😭😭😭😭

I've never gone head to head with another system because you can't go head to head at 80mph. But my setup is nice. I now have three HW RS400s with Focal 6.5s(waterproof) in the fairing, alpine in the lowers, bag lids, tourpak pods, and 8" sub in the tourpak and head unit(CDe-149bt). I've never heard clearer speakers than the Focals. Pricey though. I live in Houston and get rained on quite a bit, including getting drenched today. No problems. Everything can stand up to it.

I've never been on a motorcycle with a j&m setup so I can't knock it. Everything sounds good in the garage. I've had RF, not a fan. Just my 2¢.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've never gone head to head with another system because you can't go head to head at 80mph. But my setup is nice. I now have three HW RS400s with Focal 6.5s(waterproof) in the fairing, alpine in the lowers, bag lids, tourpak pods, and 8" sub in the tourpak and head unit(CDe-149bt). I've never heard clearer speakers than the Focals. Pricey though. I live in Houston and get rained on quite a bit, including getting drenched today. No problems. Everything can stand up to it.

I've never been on a motorcycle with a j&m setup so I can't knock it. Everything sounds good in the garage. I've had RF, not a fan. Just my 2¢.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I had J&M Performance with Performance amp. It was waterproof, but lacked full range - read no Bass at all. It was loud and clear, but the bass was like tapping two fingers on the table. Eventually I blew one of the tweeters. I upgraded to a soundstream amp and JBL P662 speakers and they alone blew away the J&M system. I'm speaking from the seat experience. Really no comparisons. The JBL's are full range, you get bass, but it wasn't until I added the 6x9's that I got BASS. With the JBL's at 80, I can sing along with music and hear my phone ring (through the stereo). With the JM I just heard the music at 80, and never hear my phone ring. Oh, and rain, I got caught in the worst rain storm in Corpus last year and thought, I'd be replacing my stereo, nope still going strong. I was literally shaking water out of my Sony head unit when I got to the hotel. Bottom line, J&M system can be beat with middle grade stuff. If you go high-end, then J&M doesn't stand a chance. Go to a bagger stereo competition and see or (dare) ask who is running J&M, you'll get laughed at.

Sorry so long winded.
JP

·
JMJOHN
998 Posts
jpeesy ,,,,,,

I disagree with your post ,,,,,

J&M offers our lower cost Performance series amps & speakers for those who want good sound without breaking the bank ,,,,,

had you stepped up to the ROKKER series after your disappointment, you would understand the difference ,,,,,

as far as bagger competitions, may I say that that I do run J&M (at least part of the time-LOL) and do get laughed at on the rare occasions that I tell a good joke ,,,,

in all seriousness, we sponsor the Baddest Bagger Audio shootouts each year at rallies all over the USA ,,, so we know a little bit about systems that perform well and those that do not ,,,,,

would you be able to come by the BIG J&M audio trailer at one of the shows this spring/summer ? ,,,,,, as I WOULD like to give you the opportunity to compare your system to one of the J&M ROKKER XX systems ,,, side by side ,,,,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Of course you don't agree with my post - you sale J&M products. I'm not saying they worthless, I'm saying there are better options for less that sound much better. Furthermore, most people don't get disappointed with one product, and buy the more expensive product in the same line - consumers usually purchase something (upgrade) all different....that's what I did.
Nevertheless, I will be at ROT and planning on Galveston. Will you be at any of these? Send me details, I will be sure to visit your booth.

[email protected]

jpeesy ,,,,,,

I disagree with your post ,,,,,

J&M offers our lower cost Performance series amps & speakers for those who want good sound without breaking the bank ,,,,,

had you stepped up to the ROKKER series after your disappointment, you would understand the difference ,,,,,

as far as bagger competitions, may I say that that I do run J&M (at least part of the time-LOL) and do get laughed at on the rare occasions that I tell a good joke ,,,,

in all seriousness, we sponsor the Baddest Bagger Audio shootouts each year at rallies all over the USA ,,, so we know a little bit about systems that perform well and those that do not ,,,,,

would you be able to come by the BIG J&M audio trailer at one of the shows this spring/summer ? ,,,,,, as I WOULD like to give you the opportunity to compare your system to one of the J&M ROKKER XX systems ,,, side by side ,,,,

1 - 20 of 34 Posts