Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Road Glide Ultra with the J&M Rokker speakers in the 4 normal speaker loacations and the 500 Watt amp. Is there much and difference adding the lower fairing speakers since they will run in series with the other front speakers?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I have a Road Glide Ultra with the J&M Rokker speakers in the 4 normal speaker loacations and the 500 Watt amp. Is there much and difference adding the lower fairing speakers since they will run in series with the other front speakers?

Thanks
Yes, they run in series with your 2 fronts in the fairing. Im running all 4 off the 250w 2 channel amp. I notice the music is more "full", but not louder.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have the same setup and recently added the speakers in the lowers only because a couple of friends did. I thought that it wouldnt make much of a difference until I heard it. It's not necessarly louder but it sure sounds better.
I think in hind sight I would have just run the 500w amp with the speakers in the fairing as the fronts and lowers off the rear channel and skip the tourpack speakers all together.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks for the input.
Never thought about just using the amp for the front 4 speakers.

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
however you do it, always remember that 90% of what you hear on the highway at 80mph is going to come from the speakers in front of you, not behind you ,,,,

so spend you $$$ up front first, then add speakers to the rear after that ,,,,,, as for speaker impedance, series, parallel etc ,,,, take a look at these two videos ,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJj7CrxUTts ,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzDOMX32gA ,,,,,,,

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the rear speakers and upper fairing speakers installed with the big amp. I was entertaining the idea of the lower fairing speakers if I could hear a difference and if it would be worth the money while in Daytona next month.

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
the lower fairing speakers will make a significant difference, especially on the highway ,,,,,,

come and see us in Daytona Beach next month ,,,,, we will be set up in our normal spot, on the south end of the vendor lot at Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona, just off the interstate in Ormond Beach ,,,,,

for an advanced appointment, send email to [email protected] ,,,,

15% off all J&M products, full sales and service at the big J&M audio trailer ,,,,,

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have the rear speakers and upper fairing speakers installed with the big amp. I was entertaining the idea of the lower fairing speakers if I could hear a difference and if it would be worth the money while in Daytona next month.

I felt the same way until I heard it on a friends bike. Now I have them as well.

U

·
0 Posts
Go on YouTube and listen to the Hawg Wired system this Guy has w 4 speakers. He walks across the street and its still smoking. You may want to listen to those. I know a Guy who bought from J & M and they sold him their crappy $99 spkrs and he only had them 2 days-contacted them wouldn't let him upgrade. U don't know who you're gonna get w J & M. Jeckyl & Hyde or Joe blow. I'm not gonna get either.

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
Go on YouTube and listen to the Hawg Wired system this Guy has w 4 speakers. He walks across the street and its still smoking. You may want to listen to those. I know a Guy who bought from J & M and they sold him their crappy $99 spkrs and he only had them 2 days-contacted them wouldn't let him upgrade. U don't know who you're gonna get w J & M. Jeckyl & Hyde or Joe blow. I'm not gonna get either.

Link please.:)
Edit. Here it is http://youtu.be/TGnioDwbS50

U

·
0 Posts
Look up hawg wired on you tube and watch the video the Guy does w 4 spkrs. 2 in fairing and 2 lower. He walks across the road while his bike is still in the garage and its blasting. It might be easier to find by Googling hawg wired and its offered there.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

Seriously dude, you know a guy who knows a guy. If you don't have first hand experience then please save your judgement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts