Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just spent 450.00 plus 2 hours replacing my Boom Audio lower faring speakers with J&M speakers.

I bought the J&M because the were larger and the upper faring speakers did sound much better than stock.

My original set up

J&M speakers in the upper faring
J&M 500 X 4 AMP
HD Boom Audio Lowers

I replaced 1 of the lowers with the much larger J&M and was NOT impressed at all. There was no difference in bass and the highs were muted. For that kind of money and that size they should be much better. Also the instructions are lacking and trying to re-install the adjustable vent to the speaker housing is almost impossible.

So my opinion, buy the Boom audio speakers for the lower darings and the J&M for the upper.

Ron

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Did you readjust the gains???

'Have the Rokkers/XTs in the fairing/lowers and the Rokker 500w in the fairing, I am very pleased!

Clear music at 90+.

While the Booms sound decent, I just can't get past the white plastic tweeters...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you using the HK unit or aftermarket? I had the same issue till we put in the alpine and its a 100% improvement. I also agree with heatwave, have you played with your gains yet?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The gains were already set for the Boom Audio speakers that I was trying to replace. I had 1 boom on the left and the J&M on the right.

To be honest it was so poor compared to the Boom that I didn't want to go through the hassle of taking the faring all apart to play with the gains.

I have to say that the upper JM speakers sound great and the AMP is great too. I was hoping to have much better bass response which I didn't have.

I spoke to J&M and they said I could purchase an additional crossover mid and tweeter for he speakers but for 400.00 a pair it should come with them. (I didn't know that was an option)

So I got an RMA and returned them. Waiting for a credit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts