Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I just wanted to know what the deal is with the $189 shipped 7.25 speakers with sound deadening on eBay???

They look to be the same J&M kit that's on your website but are much much cheaper.

I've found the new Rokker kits as well for $254 shipped. That's $100 cheaper.

Are these items stolen? Damaged? Remanufactured?

I'm a skeptic about things being too good to be true and want to know why these guys (multiple) are selling the same thing but for much less.

Is there something I'm missing?

Phil

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Could be remaned of damaged / returns. Hog tunes has gone thru that on E-bay and has a warning on their website to deal only with authorized dealers.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Looks legit. Probably sells a lot so he doesn't mind cutting into profit. Like where I got my bike people thought I was full of shit with what I paid, but if they sold 10 bikes in February and the msrp+ places sold 1, 2 or none it doesn't matter as much.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Like ZachB says above, some people will sell for less and make up the difference on the volume.

I just bought a set of nerf bars for my pickup. MSRP is around $350. I paid $175 w/free shipping. Is there anything wrong with my bars? Hell no! And he'll probably get the business of anybody price shopping the internet.

On the other hand...if they're stolen and you click on that link, your IP address will be transmitted to the ebay servers and you could be charged with receiving stolen property and an accessory to accessory theft. The choice is yours.

·
Registered
909 Posts
same a zach said when i bought my rgu everyone thought i was full of it.until i showed them and then come to find out the dealer i bought it from was blowing them out the door because he was the only one with all the colors and in feb and march he was pumping them out.

·
Registered
729 Posts
With the new bike I was anxious to get the J&M's installed at Daytona but they were too busy to help so I am going with the hawg wired system again.... I guess if it aint broke why fix it plus there detail to customer service is fantastic, blew a speaker a while back they took them back no questions asked and replaced them with the new larger one's.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I bought a set off Ebay from American Classic Motors. You can find the company by doing an google search. Being a legit business in the real world helped to make my decision to buy from them

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I've found with most products buying from the manufacture is usually the most expensive way to go, there's always an authorized dealer discounting the price to move the product.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ebay and Amazon are always a great place to check for deals. Why ever pay full retail or sales tax?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts