Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
check out soundstream amps on ebay. Good bang for the buck! I'm running one of their 4 channel amps right now and am very happy with it.

· Registered
230 Posts
No experieince with J & M. Had Hawgwired and switched to Biketronics. No comparison - the BT2180 and BT4180 are so loud and clear. They give forum discounts. Do it right the first time is my advice and others as well

Reactions: Jhl192

· Another ICON
13,711 Posts
I have Hawgwired and blow away my partners Biketronics, I guess it also matters what speakers you have, and tuning the system. I'm not crazy about Hawgwired speakers, I have Hertz.

· Registered
1,390 Posts
'Really like the J&M stuff. I've had the J&M Rokker speakers / amp on "The SHORT BUS" for over 30k mi. so far.

Clear music at 90...

Sounds Great, no issues either with J&M or the bike's electrical...

· Premium Member
4,285 Posts
'Really like the J&M stuff. I've had the J&M Rokker speakers / amp on "The SHORT BUS" for over 30k mi. so far.

Clear music at 90...

Sounds Great, no issues either with J&M or the bike's electrical...

Yep me too. Had several of their amps never a problem and great customer support out of Arizona.

John has a thread here for tech support ?

· Premium Member
4,285 Posts
been thinking about adding an amp to my factory HK radio. I am basically just looking for some more volume at high speeds.

Saw this one one ebay:

PART # JMAA-1800H-UNV

Any thoughts on this unit?

I would look at their 250w amp. More
Power. Also depends on how many speakers you have??

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input.

Wow! a lot of selections and price ranges.

I don't need nothing to break glass, I just want an amp that will boost my sound so I can half way hear it when I am doing 80. I am almost satisfied with the stock radio the way it is.

Trying to stay in the < $300.00 price range

Looking for something I can stick under the fairing with no adjustments that will drive my two speakers. Basically plug and play.

From what I understand, some of these units detect input and automatically increase output (?)

If powered off with an aux switch the amp is bypassed(?)

· JMJOHN
1,043 Posts
ChuckB ,,,,,,

if you decide to go with the J&M amp kit (and we hope you do!) ,,,,, you might also want to consider one of our 250w refurbished amp kits shown here (( RFB-JAMP-250HC06 Product Information ,,,,

same 2 year warranty as a new amp, and all new brackets, wiring harnesses etc ,,,,,, AND the VIP discount promo code also would apply ,,,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.