Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another post going about some parts credit my dealership will owe me once we are done installing the handlebars on my 2015 RGS.
I was going to use the money for trim pieces, but after riding (pretty much nonstop since I picked it up) I decided it would be better to put that money toward the audio.
I have heard mixed things about the HD Boom! stuff, some people love it... but most don't for the price.

So here is the deal... What would be the best 2 speaker fairing set up for around $500ish? And... It must be available from DragSpecialities. Since that is where my dealership orders most things, tho they have access to other things.
I am not spending any money out of pocket, so suggestions to ebay and other sites are not helpful in this situation.

I plan on doing the install myself in my garage with the help of my buddy who is a HD mechanic.
Thanks!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Unfortunately when i bought my 2015 RGS with 700 miles on it the previous owner had the BOOM stage 1 upgrade done already. I traded in an 09 SG which i had the RFG PBR 300x4 with RFG component 6.5 speakers. The sound was amazing. I also installed a RFG PBR 300x2 into my buddies 2011 RG with some J&M 6.5 inch speakers and they sound amazing. In my opinion from what I've heard on this forum, i would try the infinty kappa 62.11i and the RFG PBR 300x2. I am sure you can fit that easily under your $500 budget. As for being available at Drag Specialties i have no idea.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think you could get one of Hawg Wired direct connect amps and 5.25 speakers for about that. The 6.5s are better but are gonna be more $ and you would also need adapter rings. I think you can get them from Drag but the price in drag is going to be higher than other places. Those direct connect amps are a very easy install. After I typed the first part I looked at Hawg Wired's web site. $529 list price for the 120 watt with 5.25's. That is probably what Drag sells them for. Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy. Taking notes on all this. I know they have access to some things other than the Drag catalog, but I have to work with what they can get to limit my out of pocket costs. Might just do speakers for now and an amp later. Just all depends on my options.
This is a tough one because there doesn't seem to be a clear winner in this category.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
I think you could get one of Hawg Wired direct connect amps and 5.25 speakers for about that. The 6.5s are better but are gonna be more $ and you would also need adapter rings. I think you can get them from Drag but the price in drag is going to be higher than other places. Those direct connect amps are a very easy install. After I typed the first part I looked at Hawg Wired's web site. $529 list price for the 120 watt with 5.25's. That is probably what Drag sells them for. Good luck.
No speaker adapter rings needed on the 15's .

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leaning towards J&M at the moment. Seems to be one of the better options I have available.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Fosgate system is just as easy as the J&M. They have a direct plug and play system with no modifications needed. I think they also sound clearer and louder than the others.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have the J&M speakers and with stock head unit it was 50% better then stock ones. Then i did a Kenwood deck and tweeter pods and it kills it now. I'm more then happy and only have $500 into the whole setup

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts