Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the J&M XTC fairing speakers and the 250 amp that went with the speakers at the time.

My question is this:

Can I upgrade to the XX series using the same amp?

Can I use my XTC tweeter and midrange speakers with the XX speakers?

I just bought my girlfriend the XX speakers and amp for Christmas. There is a noticeable difference in the sound quality. Would like to upgrade my Roadglide to the XX series but do not want to pay the price to replace everything.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Being that both products are JM I imagine the impedance should be the same and they would match, probably best to post this question to John under his JM Forum, he will answer you and give more details.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On my 2013 Custom I also have a 250W amp (JAMP-250HR06P). I'm running the ROKKER XX series Fairing Speakers (HRRK-7252-RXX) and Mid-Range Tweeter Grills (HRRK-GRTM) with the stock HK Stereo. I can run the volume full distortion free.

Using a 12" Windvest windshield I can pretty much hear the stereo on the highway up to the speed limit and over unless there's a crosswind. Once you're off and on a two lane road no problem. Don't know if it matters but I still have the stock exhaust.

·
JMJOHN
1,003 Posts
vegas FLTRX ,,,,,,

yes sir, we can take your ROKKER XT speakers in on trade for the ROKKER XX speakers (($150 total with trade)) ,,,,,,,,

the new ROKKER XX speakers will connect to the same grills with mounted tweeter/midrange that you already use ,,,,,,, and provide outstanding performance ,,,,,,

just let us know when you are ready ,,,,,,,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John,

I called to trade my XT speakers for XX. Was told I would have to send and wait for the new XX speakers to be returned. That does not really work for me. Too much down time.

I would like to know if I could do the trade at Arizona Bike Week? I do not see it taking much more than an hour and a half, maybe less to swap them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts