Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say, I LOVE my J&S Jack...so when they came out with the new upgraded bottle jack with air assist I ordered it, waaaay back on 9/1/19. As of today, I still don't have it, they will not return emails, respond to Facebook messages, or return phone messages-every time I call I get no answer.

I hate slamming companies online, but darn enough is enough.

This is what I ordered: https://jsjacks.com/product/6-ton-manual-to-new-style-8-ton-air-conversion-kit/

They (Jamie Rovers: [email protected] ) did send out two emails but he won't respond to me:

On 10/1 this was sent:
To our ever patient customers;

I wanted to send out a quick email update to you that have been waiting an extended period of time. We have been waiting on the new order of bottle jacks to arrive however have run into a few delays along the way as well as some promised delivery times that have since lapsed. With this in mind we were told the shipment will definitely be delivered Friday which will put us up and running again. With this timeline we will be getting your items out by Wednesday at which time you will all receive tracking information via email. We truly apologize for this ridiculous time frame and for all the recent delays and setbacks and we truly appreciate your patience with us as we work to get back on track!

Thank you
Jamie
J&S Jacks
866-884-5586
Then on 10/10 this was sent, nothing since:
UPDATE:

The bottle jack distributor did not meet the time line ONCE AGAIN. After a long talk with them about our frustration and disappointment they gave us another time line of tomorrow (the 11th). As most of you have noticed this will push it back until this coming Wednesday for your items to be shipped. We are very disappointed and frustrated that our wait time has become so extensive. We are looking for a more reliable provider at this time and have made our frustration known to the supplier. We genuinely apologize for this as well as for the lack of update as we were trying to find alternatives and have fallen short. We cannot begin to imagine your frustration with this lead time and missed deadlines and we truly appreciate your patience.

Thank you
Jamie
J&S Jacks
866-884-5586

Thanks for listening to my rant...

·
Administrator
12,507 Posts
I bought a J&S jack this year and like you, I’m extremely happy with it. I ordered the jack when they first introduced the new bottle in late March or early April, I didn’t receive it until the middle of July. The process was supposed to take one week, but ended up being a few months because they were having a problem with the supplier at that time also. I don’t know who the supplier is, but maybe J&S should change, I don’t imagine everyone has the same patience. Really ashame such a good jack should be having this problem.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
See a lot of unhappy owners. Mainly about the bottle jack. If your supplier cannot help you meet your on time delivery. You need to immediately get a new supplier. It's simple business sense. Seeing these complaints and the many at the other place. I'm glad I opted to get a lift. I almost went with J&S.

Hope it works out sooner than later for you. Maybe find a company that makes a jack like that one and bypass shitty customer service.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Kennyd sorry to hear about Your troubles with J&S Jack Co.
I've had mine for quite a few years now and have had great communications with them too.
I haven't updated to the new bottle jack yet as mine is still working great.
I hope You get everything straightened out to Your liking Bro.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up the Craftsman MC/ATV jack. 1500 lb capacity. Totally awesome! Burly aluminum base, wide lift surfaces, solid as a rock with my RG perched on top. Runs 250 list, grabbed mine for 140. Could not be happier!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up the Craftsman MC/ATV jack. 1500 lb capacity. Totally awesome! Burly aluminum base, wide lift surfaces, solid as a rock with my RG perched on top. Runs 250 list, grabbed mine for 140. Could not be happier!
Maybe you missed that I ALREADY HAVE THE JACK?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
well, the good news is that you have the jack already and it is (presumably) working fine now, just full manual.

i know it sucks, but at least you can ride, and work on the bike when you need to. i'm not excusing or making light of what's happening, but if it's all that it's supposed to be, after you get it, you'll get beyond having to wait.

hope all goes well.

just been on their website. you'd think if they couldn't meet the demand, they would stop selling the kit. as far as i could tell, they didn't even mention that it's on backorder.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hook a brother up... are the newer bottles faster, like a speed jack?

Curious as I’ve used mine since 08, no issues. I didn’t look at the links... thinking it jacks just good as new.... money can be spent on MC....

Granted. I spent cash on tools..

Ok. I’m drinking... I’ll STFU.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hook a brother up... are the newer bottles faster, like a speed jack?

Curious as I’ve used mine since 08, no issues. I didn’t look at the links... thinking it jacks just good as new.... money can be spent on MC....

Granted. I spent cash on tools..

Ok. I’m drinking... I’ll STFU.
I don't think its faster, but I don't know yet since I still don't have it LOL.

My motivation for this was the air option, I had regretted not getting that with the original purchase so I though this was a good time to upgrade.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
First let me say, I LOVE my J&S Jack...so when they came out with the new upgraded bottle jack with air assist I ordered it, waaaay back on 9/1/19. As of today, I still don't have it, they will not return emails, respond to Facebook messages, or return phone messages-every time I call I get no answer.

Kennyd, I sent an email to Steve Roovers at J&S Jacks inquiring about the Jack You ordered.
As soon as I hear back from him I’ll let You know.
Hope it’s sooner than later Bro.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
That’s a lot of money, I went to Northentools years ago and bought a air jack for under $100 and replaced my hand pump jack on my J&S and converted it to air myself

Reactions: thedude and Mike U

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
That’s a lot of money, I went to Northentools years ago and bought a air jack for under $100 and replaced my hand pump jack on my J&S and converted it to air myself
Would love more details about this conversion. I love my J&S but that pump it 80 times to raise up 3" is old.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
unfortunately, the jack from northern tool that was popular for doing this conversion is no longer being sold.

I haven't seen one that is now being recommended in it's place.

hope there is one, I fantasize about doing this one year myself.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The jack from northern tools was discontinued, it was around $75, www.redlinestands.com has one for about $120 that will work. I put the jack on my stand , positioned it where I wanted it , drilled new mounting holes and installed it, pretty easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Here it is , others may be out there, you need a 5 ton air/ hydraulic jack

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just called again,, left another massage because I got the machine, left two messages on Facebook too...still Crickets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah Kenny, I saw that you already have the jack. My post was for the benefit of those reading your very thorough post who were deciding on which jack they should purchase. I see this forum as an opportunity for us all to learn from each others wins and losses. I certainly learned from yours. Thanks!

·
Administrator
12,507 Posts
Would love more details about this conversion. I love my J&S but that pump it 80 times to raise up 3" is old.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
The new jack doesn’t take many pumps or much effort, that must be the improvement.

Reactions: PBSTN

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I FINALLY got a hold of Steve today, he was very apologetic after he listened to me rant, but the fact is they still do not have the upgraded air jack to ship. After I complained about the lack of communication, unanswered messages and emails ect he did offer to make a full refund to which I accepted. He also said he was going to have them pulled form the website since I complained about advertising/selling something you don't have to sell-and don't know when it will show up either. I realized this is a vendor issue...but IMHO its bad business to sell something you can't deliver, then not communicate with your customers afterwards.

However, it's been about 1.5 hours now and I see no evidence of a refund in my account or email stating I was getting one, so we'll see if it happens or if I need to call back.

Anyway, progress has been made...but it's not over just yet.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts