Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Kennyd, I sent an email to Steve Roovers at J&S Jacks inquiring about the Jack You ordered.
As soon as I hear back from him I’ll let You know.
Hope it’s sooner than later Bro.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you send me his email please? I have Jamie's, but he does not reply. I mentioned that to Steve today also...

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Can you send me his email please? I have Jamie's, but he does not reply. I mentioned that to Steve today also...
Kenny, Steve Roovers email is [email protected].
I still haven't heard back from him tho.
I'm wondering if there is a problem with their website, company or something else.
Best of Luck Bro!
Mike U.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No refund to my account as of yet.

Sent an email to Steve and Jamie.* Let's see if they reply in a timely manner if at all.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
From being on the 'vendor' side of things, I think it's the CC's that delay it. We've put the credit in and days later the customer stated they finally got the credit. I don't know this for positive, but it's happened to us more than once. The CCs are quick to take the $$ but slow to give it back :frown:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No refund to my account as of yet.

Sent an email to Steve and Jamie.* Let's see if they reply in a timely manner if at all.

Jamie did reply, and the refund was made-I see it now. Case closed I guess, but I really wanted this upgrade for some winter projects I want to do on the RGU.

From being on the 'vendor' side of things, I think it's the CC's that delay it. We've put the credit in and days later the customer stated they finally got the credit. I don't know this for positive, but it's happened to us more than once. The CCs are quick to take the $$ but slow to give it back :frown:
Yup, I fully understand that as I'm a business owner too...but this was done (one their end) through PayPal so I should have received a email confirmation of the refund, which I did not.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have one of their air assist jacks, and the lift/jack is awesome, but I'm on my 3rd bottle jack. They've replaced it every time under warranty, but it does get annoying as it inevitably goes out when I'm in the middle of needing to do something to the bike. Hopefully they can get their air assist vendor figured out because other than that, it's an awesome product.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hopefully they can get their air assist vendor figured out because other than that, it's an awesome product.
I'm hoping for that too, I'd still love to have it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have one of their air assist jacks, and the lift/jack is awesome, but I'm on my 3rd bottle jack. They've replaced it every time under warranty, but it does get annoying as it inevitably goes out when I'm in the middle of needing to do something to the bike. Hopefully they can get their air assist vendor figured out because other than that, it's an awesome product.
My bottle jack is giving me fits, I continually have to bleed it, and it takes way too many pumps to get movement. It won’t go all the way up now. I’m sure the bottle jack is out of warranty.:( Does anyone know of a better bottle jack that will fit?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
there are several bottle jacks that you can buy that fit. you would just have to drill a hole in the baseplate to mount it to the jack.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My bottle jack is giving me fits, I continually have to bleed it, and it takes way too many pumps to get movement. It won’t go all the way up now. I’m sure the bottle jack is out of warranty.:( Does anyone know of a better bottle jack that will fit?
You might try and contact J&S (which from this thread sounds like it may not be that easy) but mine was way out of warranty and they shipped me a new one for nothing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You might try and contact J&S (which from this thread sounds like it may not be that easy) but mine was way out of warranty and they shipped me a new one for nothing.
Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haven’t been able to get an answer from them for two months.
Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered a J&S jack on 1/31 by phone. Air assist, paid $690. Was told I'd have it in three weeks, which was fine by me. I began trying to talk to them around 5 weeks later to check status as warmer weather was just around the corner and I wanted to get the bike in the air to check fasteners, clean, etc.. I have actually been able to get someone on the phone about 4 times over the past three weeks - but only because I would call every hour or so until someone picked up. I've repeatedly been told there were either issues obtaining components or that the jack would ship "by the end of the week" which has yet to happen. I agree with many of the previous remarks. Everything I've read says it's a great jack - but responsiveness is horrible and offering to sell something you don't have the parts to build in a reasonable time is BS. They seem like nice enough guys when you can actually speak to them - but they've essentially been lying to me about when/whether my jack will ship - and that's no way to win positive responses from customers. I'm thinking I should have done my business with PitBull instead.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Wow, sorry to hear CS not yet been improved...I wonder if it's still an issue sourcing the air jacks?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I ordered a J&S jack on 1/31 by phone. Air assist, paid $690. Was told I'd have it in three weeks, which was fine by me. I began trying to talk to them around 5 weeks later to check status as warmer weather was just around the corner and I wanted to get the bike in the air to check fasteners, clean, etc.. I have actually been able to get someone on the phone about 4 times over the past three weeks - but only because I would call every hour or so until someone picked up. I've repeatedly been told there were either issues obtaining components or that the jack would ship "by the end of the week" which has yet to happen. I agree with many of the previous remarks. Everything I've read says it's a great jack - but responsiveness is horrible and offering to sell something you don't have the parts to build in a reasonable time is BS. They seem like nice enough guys when you can actually speak to them - but they've essentially been lying to me about when/whether my jack will ship - and that's no way to win positive responses from customers. I'm thinking I should have done my business with PitBull instead.
Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. I don’t blame you for being upset. I was thinking about buying one a few months ago but saw this thread and decided not to. Hope you get your jack or money back soon man.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Go to their web page J & S is temporary closed due to the virus. Their state is on mandatory lock down.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Go to their web page J & S is temporary closed due to the virus. Their state is on mandatory lock down.
That would be a perfectly good reason if the issue had been over the last couple of weeks. This thread has existed for months, predating the COVID-19 pandemic by some time.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I understand this is several months old, my point is if you have an order pending with them it will be even longer now as they are temporarily closed

·
Registered
475 Posts
I understand this is several months old, my point is if you have an order pending with them it will be even longer now as they are temporarily closed

You‘re 100% correct. Hopefully they will recover and be able to deliver either the jacks or refunds. Sadly, there will likely be a number of businesses that go out of business in the next few months.

Reactions: Vulcan1623
21 - 40 of 54 Posts