Road Glide banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the replies and thoughts guys. Forgetting about the money part (I've requested a refund with little hope I'll get one) I'm disappointed in the way I've been dealt with after trying to do the right thing by supporting a small business and buying an American made product rather than taking the cheap way out and buying a Chinese jack. All that and paying a premium price in the bargain. So far it seems I purchased $700 worth of hot air. I suppose some of the blame falls to me for not drilling into their reputation for terrible customer service beforehand. Most of what I saw at the time was about how terrific the jack was and people who had them were raving about them. Maybe they were just happy they actually GOT one!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Vulcan,
Use the email links I posted earlier in this thread, they will probably respond to that (unless you already tried that?) It's possible they can sell you the manual jack if the air cylinder sourcing is still the issue. It is a great product, and I don't regret buying it one bit, I just wanted the upgrade and that's when everything went to shit and why I started this thread.

The owner told me he was taking that option off the website till they had a resolution, I'm sad to here that apparently was not the case.

Good luck Bro!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update: I had attempted every option available to get contact with J&S, including leaving a message on their Facebook page. Lo and behold, two weekends ago on a Sunday morning at 8am my phone goes "ding" and I got a response from someone at J&S. They basically apologized, said they were having trouble sourcing parts, and told me they wouldn't be returning to work until after 5/26, when the WI "Safer at Home" order imposed by the governor expired. I asked for a refund. They agreed to provide one and I saw a pending credit in my bank account (almost $700) within 24 hours which made me optimistic. Then, suddenly 3 days later the pending credit disappeared and was nowhere to be found. I contacted my bank who told me in essence J&S pulled back on the authorization and that they would make me right. That should happen within the next couple of days. In the end, not only did I sit for nearly four months waiting for a jack they NEVER apparently had the parts to build - but they played games with refunding my money when I'd had enough. They may be decent people otherwise, but I would never do business with them or be able to recommend them to anyone else based on my experience.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I just saw on facebook that J&S is back open. Good luck to you guys trying to get a hold of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I have been trying for 2 weeks to get them to call me back about my order I placed 4 weeks ago. Nothing!
I'm thinking about placing an order on their website like I did when I first ordered it. You have to call them to complete the purchase. Thats what I originally did and they picked up the phone on the first try.

·
Administrator
12,507 Posts
Really hard to believe that a company with such a great product would have such bad customer service. I’m truly happy with mine, but I don’t think I would ever recommend them to anyone unless I hear about significant changes.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Really hard to believe that a company with such a great product would have such bad customer service. I’m truly happy with mine, but I don’t think I would ever recommend them to anyone unless I hear about significant changes.
Exactly.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I ordered a dolly to go with my jack that I‘ve had for 15 years . I was told 4 weeks, it’s now been 12 weeks. They don’t answer the phone or respond to emails. Eventually it will show up according to others I‘ve talked to that have placed orders. Why they can’t be honest is beyond me. My guess by the way they are acting is they have serious cash flow issues and their suppliers have them on c.o.d. My guess is they take the money and order supplies paying cash for the material and them build the items.

Reactions: Frank Akerley

·
Registered
11 Posts
No sooner than I posted my comment I called them again and they (Steve) picked right up. He said my order might be another week. I'm not confident that it will be but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He said that he is short handed because 2 of his employees got sick and had to quarantine for 2 weeks which puts him farther behind. Also said that he has a hard time getting reliable workers especially welders.
Never mentioned supply issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My guess by the way they are acting is they have serious cash flow issues and their suppliers have them on c.o.d. My guess is they take the money and order supplies paying cash for the material and them build the items.
Thats exactly the impression I have. I'm wondering if/ what excuse I may get next time I'm able to talk to him?

·
Registered
22 Posts
To wrap up my story, I ultimately ordered a Handy S.A.M. 1200 with side extensions and a Condor chock to the tune of $1900. Got it from Mile-X Equipment within a few weeks and couldn't be happier with the service I received and the performance of the lift. As a side benefit, I'm now strangely popular with my riding buddies. Certainly I ended up spending far more than the J&S jack would have cost - but I got tired of being jerked around and decided to "go big or go home".

41 - 54 of 54 Posts