Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running one of these new systems from Fuel Moto yet?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Not yet but very interested to hear real world review from someone

Reactions: BH#103

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
24 Posts
I am running it. Sound is good. Mellow at cruise and aggressive bark on the throttle. Awesome decel growl too. Stage I only and cam going in this spring which add to it also.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I am running it. Sound is good. Mellow at cruise and aggressive bark on the throttle. Awesome decel growl too. Stage I only and cam going in this spring which add to it also.
Can you post a video of what it sounds like and build details? 107", 114" cam?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
24 Posts
Can you post a video of what it sounds like and build details? 107", 114" cam?

Thanks,
I would however it is put away for winter so will need to wait for spring. It is a 2020 RGS 114 with stage 1. RTX 2/1 system, Precision machine super gas AC and a power vision with map from fuel Moto. Woods 22XE cam and new map going in this spring. There are some sound clips online and fuel Moto has some on their Facebook page.

Reactions: hd4cruzin

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Thanks. I had heard FM’s video. I was hoping for a unbiased opinion. I can wait til you get out of the deep freeze. Lol

·
Registered
519 Posts
I ordered one but am yet to install it. IT's been in my garage for well over a week now. Gotta wait on my service manual so I can get my cam put in at the same time. Once I get it on the bike I will report back. In reality I'm surprised I have not put it on with the a/c and tuner yet fir a quick spin, but I guess I'm older and wiser nowadays. Regardless, I'll provide information once it is on.

·
Registered
519 Posts
One thing I am surprised about is the fact that the body of the pipe and muffler is not coated, only the heat shields as I got it in black I was expecting black pipes and shields like a D&D fatcat, and honestly was disappointed considering how expensive this unit is. The D&D would have been a little more due to the end cap and that was what I originally ordered.

Part of the choice is that this pipe is basically designed to work with Fuel Moto parts, the other part is the fact that I don't need any add on's like end caps. Typically the more stuff needed to run something, the more chance I have of an issue thus no end cap, no need to tighten the end cap bolt and loctitie it if it rattles loose.

Like I said, older and wiser. LOL. After thinking about it, I think this thing is stainless and I'm assuming it is not coated as many people run it without heat shields and want that purplish stainless look. I prefer heat shields to none. I've had bikes with Thunderheaders with no heat shields and even when tuned properly they can get warm. Anyway, enough for my musings. It's all fellow forum members responsibility to motivate me to get this done. LOL again.

·
Vendor
819 Posts
One thing I am surprised about is the fact that the body of the pipe and muffler is not coated, only the heat shields as I got it in black I was expecting black pipes and shields like a D&D fatcat, and honestly was disappointed considering how expensive this unit is. The D&D would have been a little more due to the end cap and that was what I originally ordered.

Part of the choice is that this pipe is basically designed to work with Fuel Moto parts, the other part is the fact that I don't need any add on's like end caps. Typically the more stuff needed to run something, the more chance I have of an issue thus no end cap, no need to tighten the end cap bolt and loctitie it if it rattles loose.

Like I said, older and wiser. LOL. After thinking about it, I think this thing is stainless and I'm assuming it is not coated as many people run it without heat shields and want that purplish stainless look. I prefer heat shields to none. I've had bikes with Thunderheaders with no heat shields and even when tuned properly they can get warm. Anyway, enough for my musings. It's all fellow forum members responsibility to motivate me to get this done. LOL again.
The RTX full heat shields, muffler, & end cap have Cerakote finish, the only component that is not coated is the header as it is stainless steel, it is necessary for D&D and most other brands to coat/plate the header as theirs are mild steel rather than stainless. You will also find our header is completely tig welded and it also has both 12mm & 18mm bungs where others are mig welded and use a single set of 18mm bungs with adapters for 12mm.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thanks for the info. I appreciate the explanation and yes, I'd rather have stainless steel than mild steel. I look forward to getting all Fuel Moto purchased items installed on ride and laughing as I pass everyone i Know when we ride together.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The RTX full heat shields, muffler, & end cap have Cerakote finish, the only component that is not coated is the header as it is stainless steel, it is necessary for D&D and most other brands to coat/plate the header as theirs are mild steel rather than stainless. You will also find our header is completely tig welded and it also has both 12mm & 18mm bungs where others are mig welded and use a single set of 18mm bungs with adapters for 12mm.

Sweet pipe, but is there a way to turn the end cap the other way? Looks upside down to me.
thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Finally put my order in for an RTX system.
Mine goes on next Monday as part of a big bore install courtesy of FM.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
24 Posts
Sweet pipe, but is there a way to turn the end cap the other way? Looks upside down to me.
thanks
Yes the tip can be flipped. I started out with how they sent it (long side up like in that photo). I have now rotated it 180° to match the lines/slope of the bags.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey B you installing cams?
I've been wanting to but pretty much haven't been able to settle on which ones. I put lifters and tappet cuffs in about a month and a half ago and a new full 2-1 system last weekend so realistically I could have done it already with the time I've invested. Just need to grab the bearing removal/install tool, a cam and a better tuner and I would be in business. On the other hand, I still kinda dig this HD Torque cam that is already installed.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I’ll be doing the RTX, power vision, ac/dc air filter, and the 22XE next Tuesday and could let you know the seat-of-the-pants gains. Don’t have a great dyno tuner here locally.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’ll be doing the RTX, power vision, ac/dc air filter, and the 22XE next Tuesday and could let you know the seat-of-the-pants gains. Don’t have a great dyno tuner here locally.
Sounds good @Ugly Shawn ! The 22xe is definitely a contender I would consider.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts