Road Glide banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was looking at the fuel-moto picture of the roadglide with the 4inch slip-ons and noticed the muffler is not all the way inserted into the pipe is that the way it is or can it be inserted more so it flows evenly with the system?

·
Registered
641 Posts
There's a couple inches of adjustment. I have mine pulled out some so that they flow with the lines of the bags, but they can be pushed in further or pulled out. As long as you still have header to clamp down to you're good.

·
Registered
641 Posts
on your picture of your bike it looks like a 1 1/2 space between muffler and pipe is there enough room on the rear hanger to make it flush?
I have enough room to slide them forward another inch to inch and a half before they hit the back of the hanger.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Maybe I am wrong but on the fuel moto picture ( Jackpot 4" Dyno Tuned Muffler) the gap or space you referring to is where the muffler meets the heat shield and not the pipe itself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Heat

Wayne, ref heat ?. The stock headpipes have a catalytic converter in them. I feel the heat build up because of that is unacceptable .
Getting rid of the stock headpipes is about the best thing you can do in my opinion. Or doing one of the mod that cuts the converter out.
My 11 was so much more comfortable in the summer with the new headpipes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.