Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way back ten years ago I bought a pair of Jackpot's Dyno Tuned mufflers for my FLHTK. Loved the look, loved the sound. Probably put 30,000 miles on them before the kid in the Honda decided he needed to be where I was.

Other than a ton of road rash, the mufflers were salvageable. I loaned them to a friend, who ran them for about a year. They sat on a shelf in the garage until I got the CVO Ultra. Had them on for a while, but with the 110 and an Andrews 57, it was too loud. So they sat on the shelf again until last year, when I got the bug to try them on the Roadie. Loved 'em all over again, and would have been content to run them indefinitely.

But the road rash is rusting, and they look like crap. On top of that, the threads on the right-side mount got boogered up, there's not enough meat there to use a HeliCoil, and I'm not crazy about drilling and tapping it so that I've got one odd-sized muffler bolt. And lord knows I got my money out of them.

So I started doing muffler shopping, and rapidly decided that I didn't want to spend $600 on slip-ons. Looked at Fuel Moto's website, saw these, loved the price, and know the quality. FM doesn't produce junk.

Placed an order last night around 10. I just got the FedEx email that they've shipped, and they're due Wednesday.

There are a lot of companies that could learn something about customer service from Fuel Moto. They're hands-down the best in the business.

I'll report back once the mufflers are installed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the OG Jackpots on mine too, would definitely buy another set

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
556 Posts
Way back ten years ago I bought a pair of Jackpot's Dyno Tuned mufflers for my FLHTK. Loved the look, loved the sound. Probably put 30,000 miles on them before the kid in the Honda decided he needed to be where I was.

Other than a ton of road rash, the mufflers were salvageable. I loaned them to a friend, who ran them for about a year. They sat on a shelf in the garage until I got the CVO Ultra. Had them on for a while, but with the 110 and an Andrews 57, it was too loud. So they sat on the shelf again until last year, when I got the bug to try them on the Roadie. Loved 'em all over again, and would have been content to run them indefinitely.

But the road rash is rusting, and they look like crap. On top of that, the threads on the right-side mount got boogered up, there's not enough meat there to use a HeliCoil, and I'm not crazy about drilling and tapping it so that I've got one odd-sized muffler bolt. And lord knows I got my money out of them.

So I started doing muffler shopping, and rapidly decided that I didn't want to spend $600 on slip-ons. Looked at Fuel Moto's website, saw these, loved the price, and know the quality. FM doesn't produce junk.

Placed an order last night around 10. I just got the FedEx email that they've shipped, and they're due Wednesday.

There are a lot of companies that could learn something about customer service from Fuel Moto. They're hands-down the best in the business.

I'll report back once the mufflers are installed.
Seen what? no photo

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
556 Posts
Seen what? no photo
oh wait, i just went and "googled" it, those are nice and between your recommendation and the price, hell yeah! i got a set of Cobra NH's for a bit less using my dealer bucks, but i could have bought something else with that! maybe try on another bike. like you, i wasnt looking to throw upwards of 600 bones on some mufflers...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Nice write up, I came thisclose to ordering a set of those Jackpots for my current bike. Been a Fuel Moto fan and customer for years.

I found a set of used SE street cannons in black in the forums, as I was wanting to put a black 2>1 on this bike, but against my better judgement, I de catted the stock headpipe (free), bought a new set of black heat shields ($220 I think), the used SE ($200).....should have used the coins towards a Fuel Moto 2>1 Jackpot pipe....

Just wish my foresight was as good as my hindsight:LOL:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I ran the stock pipes til the packing opened up a bit. really liked the sound and low end torque.
bought the outlaws, ran til the packing opened up a bit, and then put the stockers back in. blah!

put the outlaws back on, wow. what a difference. same low end torque and more in the midrange.
took the left baffle out to see how they would sound. louder and less low end torque.

i bought the slash up style and love the way they compliment the lines of the FLTRX standard bags.

for the money, best slip-on pipe IMHO

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FWIW, I'm also working on fabing a bracket so I can still run my True-Track and have a crossover mount.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're mounted and I've run my first heat cycle on the replacement head pipe.

Holy mother of God....

About the same volume at idle, but much deeper and fuller. They sound phenomenal.

Can't wait to get the tune corrected for them and see how they do under load.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gotta say that I'm not 100% in love with the new design of the Jackpot head pipe. The new transmission mount is a loose collar that doesn't hold the pipe tight. I'm using their crossover mount without a bolt in it, as it won't work with the True Track. It's not rattling, but it'll wear on the pipe eventually. I need to go to the local welder and see if they can fix/fab something that will work.

Second heat cycle is done, and the bike sounds way too mean to be stock. Should get the chance to tune tomorrow and see how she does.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You're heat cycling the mufflers? Or is this something FM says to do with their coated header?

I wondered what the difference was between the old jackpots and the new with "V3" baffles

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're heat cycling the mufflers? Or is this something FM says to do with their coated header?

I wondered what the difference was between the old jackpots and the new with "V3" baffles
Yeah, recommended for the pipe.

Did 3 tuning runs tonight. Took fuel in some areas, added a ton in the fun areas. Had to increase my displacement to 108 and scale the VE tables to compensate (love the PV).

Idle sounds badass. They're reasonable at cruise, probably a tad quieter than the old ones. Much deeper, fuller note when you get on it, but it starts sounding weird over about 4,500. The nice, fat burble I used to get when coming off the throttle above 5 grand is now a metallic gurgle. Maybe they'll sound better after a few hundred miles and the tune's dead-on.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One other thing of note.....I requested a new tune for the mufflers. FM sent a different calibration, however the Lambda, timing, and VE tables were identical to the ones they sent for the old Dyno-Tuned mufflers.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tune's all cleaned up, and all I can say is "Wow".

Quiet at cruise, with a nice, low sound, nasty idle, and a great roar when I'm gittin' it. Bike's much punchier too.

These things rock.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmm, might have to get a set. Does the left muffler still have a smaller orfice?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
One other thing of note.....I requested a new tune for the mufflers. FM sent a different calibration, however the Lambda, timing, and VE tables were identical to the ones they sent for the old Dyno-Tuned mufflers.
05T is the tuning you are doing with narrow band sensors? or target tune? Im a super novice (map from FM, then some auto runs), but wondering if I could improve the map? please dont hurt my brain...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts