Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I have the 10 row Jagg without the fan and it is a lot better than the HD oil cooler (I had one). Unless you are in city stop and go traffic most of the time the fan is not needed.
A Jagg factory tech also mentioned to me that the thermostat on the cooler that activates the fan is set around 210 to 220 F degrees and my oil temps while riding are often above that in the summer so it makes no sense to have the fan running when you are riding above 15 mph. JMO

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Jagg is 10 row, stock HD is 8 row so that will help some. The fan speeds up heat dissipation from oil but not enough to stop rear cylinder cut-out in stop and go traffic. Cooling fans on the heads is more efficient for that, but the Jagg will bring down oil temps and thus prolong oil life.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
works great. lowered my temps about 25 degrees. might want to get the thermostat controlled. my bike actually runs too cold now. 170-190 wintertime...210-215 summer. never over 230 in stopngo traffic or 2 up

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was always told that if your horse runs hot-it's a tuning issue...I don't think a bigger cooler is the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts