Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this late notice but thought some of you may want to attend. This is for Officer Jason Ellis that was killed in the line (bastards laid in wait and shot him). He leaves behind 2 small children and his wife. One of the children is special needs and requires expensive threapy.

The ride is Sat. Aug 24 and details can be found at joehills.com (Victory dealer) It ends at Jim Beam with special tours and concerts etc...... I am not involved with planning or hosting this ride, but any questions I will try to find out. I will be attending this along with several other LEMC's. We have one guy riding from Maryland to attend this and he is not even on a shark!!!

I have grown to love this fourm and hope some of you can make it for this worthy cause!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Thanks Gibson, that's awesome! Im sure they will appreciate every penny they can get.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jason Ellis Benefit

That is tragic, the pic of his K9 partner put me over the edge. Too far for me to travel but we'll contribute via the facebook page.

Here is a link to the Facebook page and the flyer. Frankie & I will be there.

https://www.facebook.com/JasonEllisBenefitPokerRun

This pic was from the funeral. This is Officer Ellis' K-9 partner. He was retired and given to the family. I always thought this photo was quite moving.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can tell you anything will help the family and they are expecting a lot of bikes. I/we are bringing a pretty nice check to donate and would love to meet some more fourm members!!!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I will definitely be there. Just set up the tent at the KOA in Shepperdsville and went ahead and booked for 2-nights. I may not finish the whole run so I can start making my way home but I'll at least register and make some of it.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Great! Just keep an eye out for the big green machine. We should be there around 9-ish. Because of the big crowd they are expecting, they will have multiple groups leaving at 30 minute intervals.
Weather is supposed to be perfect too.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wanted to give an update on the ride... It was a very large turnout and a special thanks to Hullhorr for taking time out of his road trip to run part of this ride!!!! Louisville Joe thanks for joining us as well. All told I think around $40,000 was raised!!! I talked to the Chief and he wanted to express his gratitude...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wanted to give an update on the ride... It was a very large turnout and a special thanks to Hullhorr for taking time out of his road trip to run part of this ride!!!! Louisville Joe thanks for joining us as well. All told I think around $40,000 was raised!!! I talked to the Chief and he wanted to express his gratitude...
Boxercop, did you get a number of bikes that participated? I don't know how many bikes were in each group or how many groups there were total, but honest to God I didn't know there were that many bikes in this whole state!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Glad I was able to help the Ellis family and participate in part of the ride. It was great meeting Toby & Joe. Sure glad I stopped at that Valero for fuel and Louisville Joe spotted me. With all those bikes I'm not sure we would have found each other otherwise.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Glad I was able to help the Ellis family and participate in part of the ride. It was great meeting Toby & Joe. Sure glad I stopped at that Valero for fuel and Louisville Joe spotted me. With all those bikes I'm not sure we would have found each other otherwise.
You were easy to spot--your plate gave you away. And glad I got to meet you, another forum member. Oh, and at the Jim Beam distillery I couldn't get a cold beer and I was really parched for one so when I saw two guys who were parked behind me leave I was able to maneuver out also and left. Needless to say I didn't get to check our raffle ticket numbers as they were waiting for another group to arrive before drawing--and I sure didn't want to get hemmed in until closing time.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No total numbers on the bikes but I would guess around 2000. In a small town it looks twice that size!!!

On a side note the FBI just put out $50,000 to the reward money. This puts the total around $200,000 for information leading to an arrest!!!!
The money raised at this ride went to the family and that is where the real NEED is. Unfortunately, I did not get a photo of the 3 of us but will add photos when I can figure out how to add them from my phone.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
I hate that we missed you guys. We were in the 1st group to leave out. They parked us in Lot C so we figured we would be the 3rd group to go out. We were only there maybe 15 mintues before we left out.

They haven't released the official numbers yet but according to their FB page, they estimate 1700 bikes and approximately $35-40,000 was raised!

This is a pic of some of our Masonic riding group.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts