Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got to have a cup holder. My choice is down low. I don't want my bars cluttered with water bottles and what not. Shift link, lever and pegs are quick and easy changes. The little stuff makes you stand out. Everyone expect the see the big changes.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Folks the High Speed Wobble Got Me. Killed my 09' Street Glide:
Got High speed wooble at 85+ on way to PS this past weekend on my 2015 Road Glide - lasted for about 10 seconds - slowed down - did not happen rest of the trip and back also - Bike is at Dealers now - curious to see what they found
- Aside from that this bike rides amazing - night & day different from my 13

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got High speed wooble at 85+ on way to PS this past weekend on my 2015 Road Glide - lasted for about 10 seconds - slowed down - did not happen rest of the trip and back also - Bike is at Dealers now - curious to see what they found
Looking into it there are so many causes or factors that can play into a wobble.
too much weight in your bags, uneven load, low tire pressure, changing your wheel size, hitting a pot hole. All of these can start a wobble. I was told even putting taller bars an cause the wobble. Thats not imperical data but just some of the responses that I got when looking into it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They also said something about the steering head bolt being too loose can cause it. There is a test where they lift it and turn the bars and see how many times they pass through center before coming to rest (long and short of it)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Tire pressure was good
Bags were evenly loaded but under required max weight
Stock wheels Stock bars
Had my Dealer install Premium Front End Lowered kit like Ultra Low
Maybe it was not installed properly?? Still waiting while Dealer scratching their heads...lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay it's been a minute since I've been on here but is an updated set of pictures. The inner fairing has been painted. lowers molded and painted. music installed. bars pushed up. Chopped tour pack and 21 inch pm heathens with the Arlen Ness deep cut forks and cans

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts