Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these speakers. Saw them for a pretty good price on Amazon, $63, so was thinking about giving them a try. Supposed to have good sound all the way around and the reviews are pretty good, but probably for a car, not sure for the bike. Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have these but am also on the lookout for the best bang for the buck for my 15 RGS. If you use the search filter on the reviews and use the keyword "Harley" you find 4 reviews, all positive. One is for a Road Glide also. Link below to the search.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: JBL GTO638 6.5-Inch 3-Way Speakers (Pair)

I think I might try these out! If they aren't any good, they will end up on ebay.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these speakers. Saw them for a pretty good price on Amazon, $63, so was thinking about giving them a try. Supposed to have good sound all the way around and the reviews are pretty good, but probably for a car, not sure for the bike. Appreciate the feedback.
I have P662's and P963's and they are the same as the Infinity Kappa 62x - albeit withouth the plastic surround. They're all made by Harmon (JBL & Infinity), the cases are the biggest difference. Love the sound, great lows, mids, and highs.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the reviews, seems like people like them so for the price don't know that you can go wrong. Definitely see these in my near future.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
From the reviews, seems like people like them so for the price don't know that you can go wrong. Definitely see these in my near future.
I just installed the same JBL's on my 2015 RGS and I have to say they kick A$$. I know if I put an amp with them the sound will be even better, but for a new speaker and just using the head unit they are very impressive for sure. 6.5" 3 way Loudspeakers rock. JBL make one hell of a product and these speakers are worth way more with the way they sound.
Swomack

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put these speakers in my 15 special last week. Took them right back out! My stock speakers were way louder and clearer. I didn't understand or believe it but that was my experience. They weren't on an amp so I wasn't expecting to blow away anybody but the sound I got was unimpressive. Stock was just better in my case.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered a pair of these so will see how they do.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a pair and so far I feel they are just ok, course they are mounted in the rear pods with no amp.
They are clearer than the factory speakers that is for sure but I was hoping for more.
I think if I switch out my 2 channel amp for a 4 channel it will wake them up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1 to what boomerman said. These are good speakers with no amp. The sound quality is way better than stock but feel that an amp would be a major improvement. Guess that is next on my list.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just installed these in the fairing of mine. Screwed and bought adapters that Amazon flashed as 'normally purchased with' item: I have no idea how those could of worked, but I purchased a set of hawg wired adapters and bingo they fit. They are head and shoulders above stock.

I'm going to be a set for my tour pak and go ahead and amp them when I do.

But well worth the $130 bucks (speakers and hawg wired adapter).

Only irritation: bike is an 11 with 60k miles...... It could have been so much better had I done these speakers sooner...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Something else to consider: if you were to amp these, what amp? The PBR is a 4ohm amp and these are 2ohm speakers?

Or does that matter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got a pair of these from Amazon. The directions and paperwork that come with them don't give much information. One problem I saw was this: On the factory speakers the small plug is the positive. On the JBL's however, the small plug is the negative. I may be wrong, but it looks like if you just plug them in small to small and large to large you will have reversed polarity, which could account for poor sound quality. I'm going to have to rig up some kind of wiring adaptor before I install mine.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I just installed these in mine and wow, what a difference in the sound quality. I can actually listen to music now. Thanks guys, great find and great price.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
just ordered a pair should be here by monday....whats the deal with the connectors?
Take off the speaker covers.
Pull the speakers and un-plug the connectors.

Re-plug the connectors on the new speakers.
Set the speaker and screw the screws back in.

Put your covers back on.
It's just that simple.
Swomack

·
Registered
33 Posts
got it ....straight forward speaker swap...I was referring to triggers post about reverse terminals.....just wanted to have what i needed on hand.....

1 - 20 of 177 Posts