Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying some extended saddle bags that are primed. Question is can I just lay down some Blitz Black on them or do I need to do more prep? I imagine I will have too sand a little, but didn't know if I needed to do more. I know that the Blitz Black is pretty close to the HD denim and that Chainsaw loves it!:D. Plus I'm trying to save$$$$!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I used the JDBB, but I bought the 1/2 gallon paint and mixed myself. I, however also have used the JDBB from a spray can when I made a dog carrier that mounts on a detachable rack. It came out pretty damn good. I would think one can could do a saddlebag, but buy 4 just in case.

You will probably still need to prep to get that silky smooth finish but it's doable. very doable. practice

Best method:
1st coat needs to be light. meaning you need to see 50% of what you are laying it on.

2nd coat needs to be medium. meaning you need to see only about 10-20% of what you are laying it on.

3rd coat needs to be wet. Meaning this last coat goes on thick and be sure to keep your eyes on the spray pattern and see it overlap about 1-2 inches.

Couple more tips:

Start you spray before you hit the bags about 4" and follow thru past the edge the same.

Be mechanical with your arm. Don't fan spray. It causes light application on the end and heavy in the center.

Don't touch minimum for 6 hrs. 12 is better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts