Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following my 1K service, I had the Dyno work done. The guys in the shop were impressed.

2013 RGU setup with SE254E cams, V&H Power Dual Headers & Twin Slash Cut mufflers, Screamin Eagle Intake and Race Tuner.

Base numbers: 80 rwhp, 93.9 ft lbs torque

Tuned numbers: 96 rwhp, 113 ft lbs torque

...and it feels GREAT!

·
Registered
490 Posts
wow those are huge numbers! Post the chart when you get a chance. I'd love to see the tq curve on that setup. I am going back and forth between 254 and 255 cams.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Congrats! The hp is right on with mine, but your torque is off the charts. Might be my hi-output slip ons keeping me low.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Dyno is SUPER HAPPY. Gotta buddy that did the same build with CNC Heads with 254E power duals and his numbers were 100 Hp & 105.6 torque.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
We have a Dyno at one of our dealers near me, not sure if its the tuner, or the calibration on the machine or exactly what gear they are giving results from, but all their numbers are Extremely HIGH. And when I say tuner , I mean some guy with no experience in the world of tuning.

Just to see how much its off, I'm gonna get my bike dynoed from them and then from an educated shop. :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
I've seen this before with turbocharged heavily modded cars. Same Car, dyno tuned then dyno'd merely to see numbers on 3 different dyno's all in Denver and got 3 different numbers. Some read high, some low, then factors such as temperature, elevation, o2 levels, ventilation in dyno room all play in. Sure I forgot some other factors. I think the bottom line is the hp and tq curve with Air/fuel ratio is what matters. Also the delta between before vs after mods/tune.

Post your dyno chart when you get a chance. Congrats again sure its a blast to ride.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I got the SE254E cam's in my bike, going back to the dyno for more tweeking on Monday and should be done in a day or two. SE high flow intake, I also have drago's head pipes with CFR mufflers, I know I'm giving up torque with the pipes but should be close to those numbers myself.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
wow those are huge numbers! Post the chart when you get a chance. I'd love to see the tq curve on that setup. I am going back and forth between 254 and 255 cams.
Here ya go!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've had both cams in 103's now and I can tell you the 254 is a bit milder than the 255 and with the 255 you will sacrifice MPG. I had the 255 in the Street Glide I traded for Jenny. The 255 had a real lopey "don't screw with me" idle and when you twist the throttle, you'd better be hanging on for dear life. The trade off was my mpg took a hit.

After the tune, I'm getting 44 mpg with the 254's, and I have plenty of giddy-up, so I'm getting what I consider the best of both worlds. HTH

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I thought in the Screaming Eagle book it says the SE254E cams will out perform the 255 cam's in a drag race. Mostly due to the fact that the 255's drop off in power very early in the power band.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I thought in the Screaming Eagle book it says the SE254E cams will out perform the 255 cam's in a drag race. Mostly due to the fact that the 255's drop off in power very early in the power band.
I have some real world experience with that. A buddy who has a street glide same year as my RGU 2011 he has 255's I have 254's he kept saying how strong his was compared to mine. His seat of the pants told him it was stronger yet I could leave him every time when we would get on it. dyno numbers are similar mine makes a bit more hp and tq a little higher in the rpm range. The 254's are a little deceptive as they don't hit hard down low but are just smooth as silk so they don't feel as fast.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have some real world experience with that. A buddy who has a street glide same year as my RGU 2011 he has 255's I have 254's he kept saying how strong his was compared to mine. His seat of the pants told him it was stronger yet I could leave him every time when we would get on it. dyno numbers are similar mine makes a bit more hp and tq a little higher in the rpm range. The 254's are a little deceptive as they don't hit hard down low but are just smooth as silk so they don't feel as fast.
Yeah I totally belive that, just rode a friends a street glide with the 255's and they are stump pullers just fall on thier face at 4K like it hits fuel cut off hard! lol we lined up and same thing as you's. I pulled away, the 254's build power smoothly thru the entire rpm band, tho the 255's sound meaner idling I love my 254's! Alos I do get better mpg's as well, he always runs shorter miles per tank than I do no matter how he rides it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts