Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I believe this was posted a few months ago. The stereo looks pretty good and is definitely a viable option.
I believe the general consensus was that Jensen a less than optimal stereo manufacturer and a lot of people were waiting for the release and opinions on it.

Looks good though. I would consider one if it functioned well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes this was discussed in depth end of last year...
So it is easy to install, but the quality is substantially lower.
Get yourself a biketronics or hawg wired kit and run a sony or Kenwood. You'll be much happier in the long run.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw this radio a while back also. I like the waterproof and handlebar functions but i agree it is less superior quality. I am only leary about after market radios because they are not water proof and the "marine" radios i read still get ruined by water spray and such. I will wait to see peoples reaction to the jensen radio.

·
Registered
137 Posts
$500? WoW. It might be a great unit. I guess because back in the day when jensen was junk, I still think that way of them. They might be much better nowadays. But, thats a big gamble for 5 bones. Nice tried and true unit + biketronics/hawg wired module = done.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Thinkin couda ben Loyds 8-track in 63 cultlass:cool:
no that would be the old 80's GWs', when it ate a tape you'd hold in the wind let it string for 100s of ft then tos it

·
Registered
740 Posts
Cd's have gone the way of 8 track and cassette tapes. Bluetooth works so well these days. I have a USB charger/connector in the glove box for the iPhone or the old school iPods my kids outgrew which I have loaded with great tunes I run on shuffle.
You want great sounds for long distance riding? Bose in ear. Unreal and you can hear the world around you in a 1/2 helmet.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a Jensen unit in my old Jeep Wrangler. They're made for tractors and work trucks, so seemed like a no-brainer for a jeep that was open to the elements year-round. I wondered at the time why no one was putting them in Harleys. I had no issues with the stereo. Worked great , including iPod hard wired input and Sirius.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The only back-lighting color is red. That kinda rules it out for anyone that doesn't want red. You'd think Jensen would have back lighting options for $500.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Cd's have gone the way of 8 track and cassette tapes. Bluetooth works so well these days. I have a USB charger/connector in the glove box for the iPhone or the old school iPods my kids outgrew which I have loaded with great tunes I run on shuffle.

You want great sounds for long distance riding? Bose in ear. Unreal and you can hear the world around you in a 1/2 helmet.

I agree with this but I have noticed BT doesn't work too well when your both streaming pandora and sending your music to the HU thru BT. I have a sound bar at home on wifi and I constantly lose signal. It's annoying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts