Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
200 watts max with no RMS given
50 watts a channel is pretty standard...and pretty useless without knowing the RMS.

Saw one at Laconia...nice features but the audio quality was lacking.

And $500 for a Jensen...no thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm curious as well. You can get them for less than $500, though. motoparthub.com has them listed for $353.40. I *might* have to get one for that price. I'd need speakers, too, because it's a 4 ohm head unit...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ok I might be telling my age...but back in the day Jensen speakers were the shit. Why now are people trashing the head unit. I know speakers and a radio are a big difference and I have never owned one of their radios though. This unit looks well though out and fits all the needs of an after market radio. I have not heard one, just seems it would be a good unit. I must admit I have not kept up with electronics in a while until I started looking around for a better head unit, so I have nothing to base my judgement on .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not to sure if Jensen speakers were ever "the shit"...but ok.
30 years in the 12v industry and I an say this for sure...
Jensen had it's day in the Sears / K-Mart automotive audio displays.
They have always been and continue to be a low cost / lower quality company.
Nothing that I've heard from this unit causes me to think any differently.

Even at the above mentioned discount price...there are much better choices.

·
Registered
406 Posts

I am just saying in the late 70's and early 80's on a part time earning budget, Jensen coaxil and triaxil speakers were awsome. Then I never saw the first pair in Kmart or Sears. anyway I get your point.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts

Back in the Day it used to be 'Jensen 6x9 Coaxials' or 'Pioneer Mind Blowers' the day being 1977-78 for me at least. 40 watt Power Booster and I had a Craig Radio in my 1973 Camaro.
I just cant remember 'Now' how much them 6x9 was,....did seem like Pioneer was still the Higher End Audio. For some reason tho, everybody told me they could hear me cumn for 3 blocks! hehehe- 'Impressive'!
I think the dude is talkn alil bit more farther back than the past 30 years! imho

·
Registered
406 Posts
Back in the Day it used to be 'Jensen 6x9 Coaxials' or 'Pioneer Mind Blowers' the day being 1977-78 for me at least. 40 watt Power Booster and I had a Craig Radio in my 1973 Camaro.
I just cant remember 'Now' how much them 6x9 was,....did seem like Pioneer was still the Higher End Audio. For some reason tho, everybody told me they could hear me cumn for 3 blocks! hehehe- 'Impressive'!
I think the dude is talkn alil bit more farther back than the past 30 years! imho
Pioneer Super Tuner here, Kenwood equalizer/ power booster, and Jensen Coaxil speakers in the back.

·
Registered
336 Posts

No ifs ands or buts about it..Jensen does not belong in a Harley!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bad Audio Quality? LOL!

I know the thread is old but hopefully this will help anyone who search.

I have this stereo on my bike and it easily outperforms the stock Harmon stereo. Great accuracy even on Bluetooth. Amazing amount of options and actual power distribution is approx. 22-25w x4 RMS which is not only standard for an on board amp but in line with ALL major brands. (Alpine,Pioneer, Kenwood etc)

I bought this stereo with huge expectations for the price point and it has not disappointed. Those just seeing the "Jensen" name are the people other brands are waiting for. This is not the Jensen audio you see at Sears, Walmart, Kmart...The build house is completely separate for Jensen HD audio. (Jensen Heavy Duty not Harley Davidson) The internal boards are South Korean which is the best quality. (Same as Harmon/Kardon) Up until recently these stereos were only seen in 500K motorhomes and high end outdoor sports items. Similar to Bose car audio they only sold commercially.

Get the stereo, then when you get caught in the rain or wash your bike you can feel sorry for all the folks that have rust on their stereo boards after 6 months. Get the USB charge port for the glove box too...GREAT feature for $20. You can charge anything with a usb without having to put it in your bags.

Oh and don't buy Jensen speakers anymore...The HD will last forever but much better options out there. Speakers don't amplify power or signal so they have a lot less risk in an open air environment due to the materials. I use Hertz comps. Just be mindful about WHERE you buy them, most counterfeited speaker out there.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was looking in that radio but Dragonfly Concepts just came out with one that looks even better. Check it out. It's on their Facebook page. Spoke with Kevin over there and it seems promising. When you order you can even add the USB to the front or back.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was looking in that radio but Dragonfly Concepts just came out with one that looks even better. Check it out. It's on their Facebook page. Spoke with Kevin over there and it seems promising. When you order you can even add the USB to the front or back.

That radio is actually made by a company called Aquatic AV. I was just looking around at other radios, and came across a few threads about it at the other forum. Looks like there will be two versions of that radio. One will be a "base" model, and one will be a "deluxe".

·
Registered
184 Posts
Your probably right but the one that they have now seems really good. I ordered it. Bluetooth w handlebar controls. The only thing is that the USB is charge only. But Bluetooth ur phone with pandora and the handlebar controls will control ur phone. So it will skip songs for you if u Bluetooth pandora.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Aquatic AV has other models on their website. One plays DVD's the other one plays CD's and both have rear external USB and comes with cord to connect to IPhone/IPod.

My question would be how is the Dot Matrix display in sunlight. Let us know how it works once installed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the Jensen and like it, but admit I don't know jack about head units. I like the water proof for washing and riding in the rain. I also mounted the AUX and USB in the right glove box back wall.

I also have the Biketronics AMP and speakers with Hogtunes lids.

I can skip songs with Pandora Bluetooth from phone.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the Jensen and like it, but admit I don't know jack about head units. I like the water proof for washing and riding in the rain. I also mounted the AUX and USB in the right glove box back wall.

I also have the Biketronics AMP and speakers with Hogtunes lids.

I can skip songs with Pandora Bluetooth from phone.
Same here, only I'm using 6.5" HW coaxials in upper and lower fairings, with two HW CS300 amps. I rarely plug in anymore with the USB. I mostly use the bluetooth now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I too have the Jensen, I only got it because I paid less than dealer cost for it. I too was leary about it, but after having it and using it for about 8 months I wouldn't hesitate to buy one or recommend one. I wanted it for the BT feature, I just put in a set of 6.5" Kappas and a Soundstream amp and I am extremely satisfied. I may not be into Audio like some of you guys, but for someone that just wants good sound quality and likes to put on a lot of miles this system is perfect, at least for me. I'm sure there is better out there, but I wanted something plug and play that worked with the bar controls without adding more hardware, I also don't care for the smaller car radios that need the install kit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Soundstream Picasso retails for $160 which is about 200 less than the other. 2 CH 175 Watts a channel. Oh and it's a little smaller. Sound quality is top notch. Install is simple.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree Jensen 6x9 speakers were respectable back in the day maybe too much as the bigger home stereo manufacturers finally stepped in to compete with the auto market producing a multitude of options and of course better quality. I just bought one of these Jensen replacement units for $350 on E Bay so we shall see. this is a true weather rated unit that belongs in a bike and with a good amp should be fine...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts